Chapter 2

While leaving the hotel, I neatly placed the loose papers into the guideline book when suddenly I saw a strange folder.

 “This….is this one of the folders Mr Martin gave me?” I spoke softly as I continued walking.

Opening it, I saw some really peculiar stuff. Drug trade transactions? Italian Mafia reports? What the heck? There was another folder that hooked my eye, it was the draft of a partnership with some guy named Xavier Rocillie. Okay, so I’ve seen some screwy stuff but this one took the cake. That first folder was with legit illegal deals. It spelt trouble. Trouble. Oh crap! I was the one that would get myself into trouble- from Jenna. I had forgotten that she had asked me to collect a package from her friend Abby who lived across the park. Damn it, the last thing I wanted right now was getting on my sister’s bad side. I was there too many times before. Taking a deep tired breath, I decided to collect the package.

As I walked through the park, I felt like was being watched. I’ve never felt so uncomfortable in my life. Knowing that I had a folder that could possibly get me sent to prison and having this feeling like I was being stalked did not sooth my nerves. I thought about the folders for a moment, maybe it belonged to the guy who I bumped into. No, but it can’t be his, I mean he never struck me as the mobster kind of guy. I’m probably over-reacting, he’s probably a lawyer or something. They have folders like this right? Sure, maybe, hopefully. It would be sad seeing a nice guy like him behind bars. I wanted to return the folders but the hotel was already a far distance away from me. Maybe I should just head home instead and collect the package for Jenna tomorrow morning, it’s faster to take a taxi at the nearby street and get home. Besides, I felt like the stares were weighing me down now. It was actually quite frightening. I’ll return the folders tomorrow as well. With that thought, I redirected my way towards home.

The cold night’s breeze laced through my hair so softly, yet this chilling feeling never left me. For some odd reason it felt like it was impossible for me to leave the park. Was I walking too slow? I only do that when I feel unsettled. I still felt the stares creeping up on me again as I walked across the park bridge over the deep pond. Trying my best to get home quickly also seemed like walking down a never-ending yellow brick road.

Abruptly, I felt a hand snake around my waist and muffed my mouth from behind. For some reason I didn’t drop the folders, maybe because of fright. I bit on the person’s hand to let go of me and luckily he did, but another man stood in front me. Around six other individuals approached as well.

 This was not good.

They all wore these really weird eerie masks, something like the masks on ‘V for Vendetta’. It was one thing seeing it in the movie, but seeing it in front of you really was a different reality.  A terrifying one. A creepy one. Who wears masks nowadays anyway? Surely they were all men since none of the individuals had the physique of a woman.

 “Give me the folders girl.” One of the men said.

 “No way buddy, this is my internship.” I replied trying to sound oblivious to the two strange folders I saw.

 No way in hell am I going to die for something I had no idea about.

 “You work for Vandermir no?” another asked portraying a strong accent.

 “What? No! I have no idea who Vandermir is!” I stated quite angrily getting frustrated of this.

 “So you no know who Rocillie is as well?”

Wait, Rocillie? Wasn’t he the man from one of the folders? No, I couldn’t let them that I know this. They might actually think I have something to do with this crazy tra la la.