Chapter 7

I don’t know how long it’s been since I got irritated and came into the room. He just makes me so furious. Why can’t he at least try to be nicer to me? Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door and Donnie walked in,

“Oh, why aren’t you coming out? You’ve been in here alone for like two hours. Don’t you get bored?” he asked.   

“Well of course I do, but who could I talk to in a place like this? Vandermir?” I scoffed, “That’s unlikely.”

“You could have come to me. I’d have been more than happy to help with that boredom.” He said with a grin on his face.

I was right about this guy. He’s women crazy. 

“But…” he continued, “Since you’re in Adrian’s care, I guess you’re ‘off limits’.”

“I swear…” I mumbled to myself, annoyed at his presence and the fact that he felt like I was some sort of object one owns.

“He sent this,” Donnie started again as he placed a long formal navy blue dress on the bed, “Wear it. We’re going out.”

As he left the room I stared at the dress, it was actually quite impressive.

No, don’t make him bribe you Juliet. You don’t take bribes.  

Who did he think he was though? To command me to go out with him, this was simply ridiculous. Taking the dress in my hand I walked out the room where I saw that everyone was back. Wow, they’re always popping in and out. Adrian sat on the couch, this time he was looking at me straight in the eyes daring me to look at him, and I did. I was no coward and I’m not planning to be.

“I’m not going anywhere.” I stated as I threw the dress at him almost as if it were the most inexpensive, replaceable thing ever.

I didn’t have to look at him to see the discontented look he was giving me but it suddenly disappeared and turned into an oddly calm and careless demeanour.

“Are you done?” he asked as if I was going to throw a long continuous tantrum.

Finny held a worried look while Donnie had an amused expression on his face. Ricardo of course remained as cool and collected as usual.

Adrian stood up and walked towards me with a dangerously sharp look in this eyes,“It isn’t an option to you.”

“And what makes you think I’ll listen to you?” I quickly shot back returning the glare.

Before he could open his mouth again, Finny interrupted, “It’s best if you go to the function with us Juliet, it wouldn’t be safe for you to stay here alone.”

Turning my attention back to Adrian, I folded my arms, “I doubt that’s the reason you want me to go.”

“You’re right, I couldn’t care less about you.” He replied as he walked away from me.

“Wow, I’ve never seen a girl that would be brave enough to talk back to him. Maybe you should put away those claws of yours around him kitten.” Donnie said to me.

After much thinking and the departure of everyone I finally came to the conclusion of whether I should attend the function or not. Besides, it would be in the best interest if I went along with them.

“Hurry up and get ready. I’m not going to be wasting my time and waiting for you.” Adrian stated coldly even though I never told him I agreed to go yet. 

“Fine, but I’m not going because you told me to. I’m going because I feel like it and that dress is gorgeous.”

Spitefully, I took a while to get ready. I mean, what’s the worst he can do to me? Leave me? The dress actually had fit me perfectly, I pinned my hair up (nothing too impressive, I mean a five year old could have done that) and did only a little make up. I just hated wearing all those heavy stuff like foundation and power and so on. Eyeliner and mascara was usually what I’d go for, and a little lip colour- but not too bright. Honestly, I just wasn’t feeling in the best mood for this occasion.