Chapter 4

My head ached. My eyes were so heavy it hurt. The light from the ceiling made it even more torturing for me to fully open my eyelids. Wait, I don't know this place. Where was I? I tried my best to get up from where I was on this oddly comfortable bed. It was like I had someone shoot arrows through my stomach. That man had kicked me and.....he threw me off the bridge. But I'm alive? I don't remember anything. Forcefully, I got myself off the bed and looked around the room, it was large and unbelievably neat. Everything was in perfect order, from the books to the pencils at the bedhead. Walking towards the full size mirror I saw how scattered I looked, my hair was everywhere and my clothes... Oh my Gosh. I wasn't in my regular clothing I had on earlier, instead I was wearing this white shirt-a guy's shirt. Thankfully it was quite long for me. W-where am I? Whose shirt is this? Panic swarmed through me as I ran my fingers through my long dark hair which was damp. Wait, what time was it? I rushed to open the curtain just at the other side of the room when I observed the most spectacular view. The New York night lights made a kaleidoscope of colours which sparkled like the first pour of opened wine. The curtain covered all the walls of the room when I realized that it wasn't actually walls but glass windows from floor to ceiling. Wow. I know for sure I wasn't anywhere near home now. I think I was in a hotel, on the top floor.

As I left the room I found myself in another room, the cold marbled floor licked my soft sensitive feet. An office room? At the centre of the large space sat a great rich wooden desk and a massive, but quite comfortable looking, leather chair. I noticed another room, the door was ajar and the movement of people were evident on the other side. Nearing it I became a bit nervous as I heard voices on the other side. Slowly, I opened the door to step out when suddenly gazes fell upon me. There were three men, I distinctly remember one of the guys, he was the same one that I had bumped into at the hotel and was there in the situation with the masked men-they all were. The second guy I remember was the one that winked at me, he had this kind of spoilt rich heir look to him. He was probably the type I would imagine that would hit on all the girls. And then there was the other, he had this toned serious look on his face, the way he folded his arms seemed like he was the one that never panicked. They all just kept staring at me until the first came up to me with a bright smile on his face,

"You're awake. I was so worried. How are you feeling now?"

"Umm....I...I'm alright." I said weakly trying to smile back at him but with everyone looking at me, it just felt so uncomfortable.

The stare I got from the second individual was disturbing, it was like he was mentally chewing me. I tugged the end of the shirt down realizing I was in a room filled with men.

The first laughed at my reaction. "Don't worry, we won't even think of hurting you. You already went through so much." He said putting his hand on my head in a playful way, "I'm Finneas but please just call me Finny, that's Donnie and Ricardo."

Ricardo, his stare was more intense than the one Donnie was giving me. His stare literally was like he was reading who I was, where I came from, what I do, and also had a hint of 'I'm going to step on you like a bug' stare in there too.

"My, you look pale kitten. Do you want something to drink?" Donnie asked.

"No, no I'm fine." I answered even though I really did want some water.

"Thankfully we got to you in time, else you would have been fish food." Finny stated.

"I actually thought I was going to die." I whispered softly to myself but Finny held my shoulders tightly and gave the warmest smile he could to comfort me. "Thank you for helping me." I continued with the most gratefulness I could muster up.

"What I want to know Ms Greene is what exactly you saw inside that folder?" Ricardo questioned speaking to me for the first time.

Wait, Ms Greene? He knew my name?