28

***

***

The ride home was short and quick, and a lot more comfortable than the ride to the hospital. I had changed out of the hospital gown since Gabriel had brought me a pair of sweatpants and one his sweatshirts to wear.

Gabriel told me that I had been asleep for eight hours and I felt exponentially better than how I had felt eight hours ago. I was still tired, but I felt better.

He bought me Chinese takeout and a smoothie, saying that I needed to eat because he could tell I've lost weight. I didn't complain. The food was deliciously aromatic and made my mouth water. The last time I had actually had a proper meal was a fuzzy memory.

Everything felt blurred together.

We finally arrived at the house; Gabriel carried in the food. I walked inside and was met with Zeus bouncing up happily, excited with my arrival. I scratched his ears and he wagged his tail. I forgot how much I missed this him.

A small laugh left my mouth when he licked my face. I rubbed his head before pulling away and walking into the kitchen. Gabriel had already pulled out two plates. I walked to the counter to get silverware for him since he couldn't use chopsticks.

I got a fork and glanced into the trash can. My eyebrows rose at the alarming amount of empty glass bottles. Beer, scotch, whiskey, you name it; it was an empty bottle in the trash can.

He should've recycled them.

Gabriel wasn't really one to drink, only on special occasions. I had only seen him drunk once. I thought back to what he had told me in the hospital room. He had never worn a tie since I had been taken because I wasn't there to tie them for him.

Maybe I had grown a little too dependent on Gabriel, but maybe he was growing dependent on me too.

I pulled my eyes away from the trash can and set the fork down near him.

I practically inhaled everything on my plate. I was so hungry and I was weak from the lack of food. After I ate, I felt immediately better. My stomach was full, but I kept sipping on the smoothie so I didn't waste it.