29

A/N hey it's me! the author :) quick disclaimer i could've milked this into two chapters but i was afraid some of you would stop reading so i condensed it

A/N hey it's me! the author :) quick disclaimer i could've milked this into two chapters but i was afraid some of you would stop reading so i condensed it. sorry if it's too long :/

🍒much love <3🍒

***

It had been two days since I returned home. I spent most of my time at Alpha Donnelly's house with Lilliana. We would just formulate conspiracy theories about the rogue-human situation and ponder on what the meeting would be like. Eventually, we would fall asleep or watch Netflix.

Her arm was nearly healed as was my leg. It just felt a little sore now.

And now here we are, in a big grass field with forest on every side of his so no civilians would see.

Alpha Donnelly had ordered all the pack wolves to stay inside and lock their doors. He only brought a few of the top warriors, Lilliana, Gabriel, and me.

I'm not sure why Lilliana and I were here. I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to see them again.

Right now, we were waiting for the humans and rogues to arrive. It was silent and eerie. A cold gust of wind would fly by and leave me shivering.

I couldn't believe that it was already December. October felt like such a long time ago.

I held onto Gabriel's arm for warmth.

He had been silent the entire time. Normally he was quiet, but this was different. He was contemplative and stressed, very stressed.

Perhaps it was because he may have to kill humans today. Werewolves don't kill humans. It was part of the treaty between all the packs and a necessary aspect of keeping our identity hidden. It also just wouldn't be a fair fight. Unarmed, and even armed, a human had no chance of survival against a werewolf.

I let out a deep breath and gripped onto Gabriel tighter. He didn't look at me but put his hand over mine.

Then out of the shadows, the same rogue that had kidnapped Lilliana and I, emerged along with his posse. Around the rogues were people who looked smaller, carrying heavy guns: humans.