𝐗𝐈𝐕

LMFAO i ain't got much to really say for this one so be prepared is all i gotta say to y'all.

also, i hope y'all remember Michael from the beginning of the book. if not, refer back to chapter one and the beginning of chapter two🤝.

y'all know the drill. excuse them mf errors, cuz!

↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

𝐏𝐫𝐲𝐜𝐞

"Hey Pryce, you got a minute? I still need to talk to you." came my aunt's voice as soon as I answered her call.

"Yeah. I'm not doin' nothin' right now since I don't have to meet up with my boyfriend until another two hours." I sighed lightly as I sat on my bed, bored beyond belief.

Another passing day and another day for me to get some bread. Recently finishing up a side mission I had completed some days ago and was awaiting payment from my homeboy Antonio.

Today was the day that Lucas and I were going to relax in his apartment to hang out, cook food, and overall enjoy each other's presence. Maybe even something more if I wasn't the person I am right now.

On another different note, I was so close to getting a good nap but had received a call from my one and only aunt.

"Don't worry about the girls, they're currently hanging out with their other cousins around the house." she said, somehow knowing I was going to speak on that topic, "They don't know what I'm going to talk about with you yet but it does pertain to all of you. I wanted to give a run by to you before telling them, as well."

And that's what caused me to sit in the bed in alert, "You kinda makin' me anxious, auntie. What's this all about?"

I heard her let out a shaky sigh, "Rita and Ty'Juan want to see the three of you."

I felt my expression turn blank as I registered her words into my brain. Silence on both of our ends and neither one of us were speaking - her probably waiting on me to say something and me slowly, but surely, registering what the woman had said.

And that's when I began to chuckle loudly, "Auntie, stop playin'. April Fool's done passed already."

"...I'm not playin' around with you this time, baby."

"No."

"Pryce, baby, please listen-"

"Hell naw!" I shouted abruptly, cutting her off instantly, "I don't give a fuck what Rita and Ty'Juan want, keep them the fuck away from me and my sisters!"

A few minutes of silence passed through them.

"But they're your parents, P. You should know that having a parent's love is one of the best love."

"Except for the fact that they actually don't love us. I don't give a damn if they were the muthafuckin' President and First Lady of the United fuckin' States, I'm not talkin' to them and neither are my sisters!" I yelled out once more before closing my eyes and taking a few breaths to calm myself, "I'm sorry for yellin' at you like that. You know how I feel about them. They only think of us as tools to them instead of their own muthafuckin' kids."

"I know that, Pryce. But you also gotta' understand that people can change. I can tell they have and are genuinely lookin' to make all of y'all a family once again."

I scoffed irritably, "Oh, you mean they put on a fake show to get you to believe that they actually miss us and want us to come home? Even you know that's bullshit, Aunt Bee."