Five

Dyrroth was walking in the forest, far away from the kingdom when he hears someone breathing heavily and with just seconds hears some loud noise. He hid behind a big tree and peeked. Surprised to see the masked girl from that one night they play hide and seek.

So, she's from around this area...

It didn't take long for Karina to feel she's been watched. She stopped and throw a blade at the tree where Dyrroth was. He wasn't surprised at all.

"Show yourself!"

Dyrroth didn't try to leave, instead he did reveal his self to Karina. "I see, you live from around here."

"How long have you been watching me?" She asked while throwing him that fierce look behind her mask.

"Not long enough," he answered and started to walk towards Karina. "I see you don't like paying res—"

"This forest isn't part of your kingdom, you stupid demon!"

"What did you just say?" Dyrroth was not happy with this woman! "Nobody calls me that unless they want a fight."

Karina smirked and moved her blades. "I think that's what I want."

Dyrroth scoffed and tossed his head to the side then back to her. "Alright then, if that's what you want."

•••

Lylia was looking for her sister when she came across leonines and that boy from the other night.

"Hey!" She shout and showed herself in the middle of the way.

Harley immediately recognized Lylia. That mischievous girl again. "What are you doing in here?"

"This belongs to our kingdom!" Lylia yelled at Harley.

"She's so pretty!" Nana exclaimed and ran her way to hug Lylia.

Lylia was sure surprised because of what the female leonine did. "What are you doing you cat! Get off me!" She tried to push Nana back but she wouldn't budge.

"She's going to be our new friend!" Nana yelled happily.

"What?" Harith and Harley said in unison. They can't believe what Nana just said.

"You can't just include someone you just met in our group!" Harley didn't like the idea.

"For the first time, I agree with Harley," Harith said.

"What a bunch of losers," Lylia mumbled and rolled her eyes at the boys.

Nana shook her head side to side. "Welcome to the group!"

Lylia wanted to say no she didn't want to but looking at the annoyed face of that boy; she can't help but smirk.

•••

On the other hand, Karina was losing the fight. How is she supposed to defend her kingdom when she's this weak?

They collided and again she was just tossed at the side while the demon laughs at her.

"Give up now and I'll spare your life," Dyrroth told her. He didn't want to kill this pitiful human.

Karina wiped the blood dripping from her mouth and stands back up. Breathing heavily, she went to attack again. This time, she was down on the ground with just a flash.

The demon was on top of her, holding a dagger on his right hand. "You're weak. You won't be able to even defeat just a ghoul with this strength of yours. Why don't you go and knit instead."

That left Karina furious and again tried to hurt the demon but he was fast in catching her hand.

The demon stared at her eyes and he saw there were waters there. He cant see them roll down because of the mask but he saw them falling on her temple. It was crazy for him to do it but he wiped her tears with his thumb.

Karina was paralyzed because of what the demon did. Why would a demon wipe someone else's tears? She asked herself.

Dyrroth sighed and stood up. He gave her a hand. It took a while but Karina took it and now they're both standing on their feet.

"You're honestly a weakling but if you practice like how I saw you, you might improve little by little," Dyrroth told her.

Karina didn't want to look at Dyrroth. She feels embarrassed and in shame because she lost a fight. She could've been dead even.

"What's your name?" Dyrroth asked.

Karina was hesitant about telling him her name. "It doesn't matter," she replied, picking up her blades.

"Come back here tomorrow, the same time, I'll teach you how to fight"

Karina's eyes widened in surprise. She glared at the demon, her eyes asking why he would do such thing.

Instead of answering, Dyrroth fled away. Why he said that and spared her life? He doesn't know. He feels like that woman is a key to something that Cyclops had told him.

"Your highness, it seems like the Lunox you brought isn't your beloved," Cyclops told Dyrroth.

"What do you mean?" Alucard asked.

"You know you feel it King Dyrroth. You know she lacks something that your beloved Lunox has," Cyclops said completely ignoring what Alucard asked.

That lead Dyrroth to think about it. It really did seem like the Lunox who's with them is totally secretive and distant.

I need to find out what really happened that day, Dyrroth thought to himself.