Seven

The next day, Karina was still thinking about what she saw. That blonde girl keeps flashing back.

"Something wrong, Karina?" Belerick asked.

"I know you can read my mind so why ask?"

Belerick chuckled. "No, no, you are wrong. I can only read the expression written on your face."

Karina exhaled heavily and rest her head on the desk with her arms gathered up.

"I've seen a lady last night. It was crazy seeing her face looks exactly as—"

"Why don't you see the lady at the bottom dungeon and ask her who she is?" Belerick suggested.

Karina has been there before. She saw that lady but she's too scared that her mother would find out.

"I can't do that just yet, Belerick. I'm scared. I might end up betraying mother," Karina whispers.

Belerick understands Karina very well. If only he could tell her who that girl in the bottom dungeon is and what that makes Karina then he would. But, it is part of her quest so he mustn't help furthermore.

"Miss Karina, didn't you say you have a practice with King Dyrroth?" Belerick asked, changing the whole atmosphere.

Karina immediately stood up. "Oh no! The demon!" She yelled and hurried to get ready.

Karina put her mask on and immediately left her chamber through her room's balcony.

Minutes later, she was still catching her breath upon arriving. She saw Dyrroth standing and he greeted her with a sword aimed at her face. Made her stop breathing heavily.

"What took you so long? I do not have all day for you, lowly creature."

"I had to think about things," Karina answers him.

Dyrroth withdraws his sword. "Is it really necessary for you to wear a mask when leaving your home?"

"Yes, I have to or my mother will get angry." Weird, Karina thought. "Why? Are you interested in seeing my face?"

"Tch! I am not. Anyways, get ready and let's start."

•••

"Nana!" Lylia called out while running towards her new friends. They agreed to meet up at the same spot.

"Here she goes again, bro." Harith whispers to Harley's ear. It made Harley rolled his eyes.

"What an annoyance," Harley mumbled.

Nana hugged Lylia super tight. She really feels like she found a sister in Lylia.

"So? What's the plan for the day?" Lylia asked the group.

"The Queen Elf tasked us to get some herbs today. Do you want to come and help?" Nana asked.

"You know, Nana, our new friend here is a princess. She doesn't want her hands getting—"

"I am not afraid to get dirty, hmmp!" Lylia yelled cutting off what Harley was saying.

Nana giggled and smiles. "Well, alright then, let's go and get some."

Nana took Lylia's hand and while they walk they tell stories about each other's lives.

"So, you never knew her til she came all a sudden?" Nana asked.

"Yep! And it was really hard because she didn't know anything. Not even me nor anything of this world. She was really sad but then I did everything and now I don't want to lose her," Lylia told Nana.

"That's a really stupid story," Harley commented and laughs with Harith.

"Stop it! You boys are so mean!" Nana yelled.

Lylia just smiles at Nana. "It's okay, Nana. Small brains like them just can't understand emotions."

"What did you just say?" The two boys asked in unison. Their grumped face throbbing as ever.

"You heard me!"

"No we are not!"

"You're just a lonely panda with a bad attitude!"

"Oh yeah? Well you look like an ugly ghoul!"

The three kept arguing and Nana can't help but laugh at them. The gang has never been this loud until Lylia came. She's so glad they met Lylia.

•••

When practice was over Karina gained bruises and cuts. She wasn't good with her blades. The twin blades seemed really unresponsive to her.

"Does your cuts hurt?" Dyrroth asked sitting beside her.

"No, they don't," Karina answered coldly. Honestly they hurt and she'll be needing more of those magical spells Lylia has to make herself feel better.

"Give me your arm." Before Karina could do something Dyrroth firmly gripped on her arm. "Stay still."

It took a minute and half for her cuts to heal up. She needs to learn how to do that, Karina thought.

After doing that, Dyrroth wanted to let go but then he felt something weird. Karina had felt it too so she shoved his hands off her.

"Thank you but please do not touch me like that again," Karina told him. "It's getting dark, I should get home."

She was about to stand up when he pulled her down. Karina was shock and so was Dyrroth at his own action.

"Stay for a while." The only words he could ever tell her.

They sat there in silence. Just feeling the wind blowing on trees and crickets. Dyrroth had forgot about Lunox and Karina had forgot about her Mother.

"Dyrroth, right?"

Dyrroth looked at her asking what is it?

"Nothing." She said and finally stands up. "I really need to leave. I'll see you tomorrow."

As Karina started to go away, she couldn't help but cry and feel grief. Reaching her chamber, she took off her mask and sobbed on her bed.

Lylia just got home and saw her sister crying so she followed her. She was hesitating to go and comfort her, but she did anyways.

She sat beside Karina and touched her sister's hair. "What's wrong, Karina?"

Karina sniffed and got up to hug her sister. "It's nothing. I just met someone and before I knew it, I was already feeling grief. Sadly, I can't recognize him."

"Awe, don't cry Karina. I know you'll figure it out soon," Lylia assures her sister.

•••