Eight

Everything was quiet in the castle when Karina decided she wants to talk to the lady in the bottom dungeon. She trusts Belerick and she might be the answer to who she is.

Karina wandered the bottom pitch of the castle and there saw that girl. She has blonde hair and wears a cape and a hood. There weren't even any guards there.

She stared at the lady and it moved and slowly woke up. Karina's eyes widened as so was the lady's eyes.

"Help me! Please help me," the lady said, shuddering as she grip on the dungeon bars.

"What crime did you commit? Why are you placed here?" Karina asked, concerned if this lady was even fed up.

"My only crime was saving my sister from getting executed. Please, help me get out of this dungeon. I will surely repay you after I rescue my sister from the dark queen, Alice."

Hearing her mother's name shocked Karina. "My mother is not evil. I myself can prove that!"

"Your mother?" The lady was shock to hear that. The last time she knew, Alice has only Lylia as her daughter. "Tell me, what's your name?"

Karina frowned. This is ridiculous, she thought. "My name is Karina," she mutters.

"You are mistaken! I am Karina and I own the twin blade," said the lady.

That made Karina's universe turned upside down. So who is she then?

"I can prove it if you let me touch my blades!" Yelled the other Karina inside the dungeon.

"Who am I then?"

Karina didn't know what to do. She was too confused so she left the dungeon and hurried back to her chamber.

"Belerick!" She shout.

The bud opened immediately and she saw the small creature.

"Why did the lady down the dungeon told me that she's Karina? Why did I saw someone who has the same face as me the other night? Who am I, Belerick? Are you just fooling me around? In fact you came from the enemy's garden!"

Karina was frustrated with what she has known and has been seeing.

"Calm down, my dear. Why don't you ask yourself those questions and tell me, who are you really?" Belerick was excited, that finally her highness is confused and will now open up Her thoughts.

Who am I? And what is really my name?

Those questions were circling inside her mind. She didn't even realize that she had fallen asleep already.

•••

"Vexana! What is it that you want to talk about?" Alice was not happy that the impostor called for her.

"I had found a way to connect me and that stinky Ruby! Honestly, Alice! We do not have much time left! I suggest you prepare that stupid human girl in attacking her beloved kingdom!" Vexana yelled. She isn't fond of pretending to be Lunox. She hated being too good and all smiley to everyone.

Alice rolled her eyes. "Just a few more weeks and we'll attack. Maybe you can try and tempt the king." Alice then laughed at that idea.

Vexana grinned devilishly. "You're so evil! I don't want to cause a problem to this poor human girl. Where is she by the way?"

That is Alice's biggest problem. She can't see that girl from her crystals or mirror. That girl really holds such power and she's her biggest asset. "If that's all you want to talk about, Vexana. I'm afraid, I must go."

"Well I'll see you in the war," Vexana said and they both vanished.

•••

Karina was a bit too early at their training ground so she decided to take a walk. At somewhere down the riverside, she sat down and took her twin blades.

"Who do you really belongs to? You don't even respond to me," she mumbled and sighed heavily. "I'm really confused."

"Lunox..."

Karina heard someone spoke that name softly. She immediately stood up and held her blades, ready for battle.

"Lunox"

And again it spoke.

"Who's there?" She asked, looking at the forest.

"Lunox"

It came from the back so she immediately turned. Before she could do something, her forehead was touched by something cold and she heard the word, "dream".

She woke up in such dark place where she couldn't even see her own hands. "Where am I? What did you do to me?"

"Don't you recognize this place, my dear Lunox?" That voice spoke again.

"Lunox? I'm not Lunox! Quit calling me that! I'm Karina!" She yelled at nothing.

She heard the voice mockingly laughed at her. "How absurd, my dear. You call yourself Karina and the twin blades is still unresponsive to you. How sad."

Karina had read about the blades. They'll only respond to the bestowed ones. "My mother told me that I am Karina and I have been chosen by this blade!"

"I'm quite hurt. I am your mother, my dear Lunox. The mother you know of, did she really called you Karina when you first came back into this realm?" The voice tauntingly asked.

She softly gasps as she realized that her mother, Alice had called her...

"Lunox..."

She hears someone. It stopped her from reaching the light. Putting her hand down, she stared  at the path where the voice was coming from.

There she saw a beautiful yet evil dressed woman. She wasn't frightened at all.

"Do you know who I am?" She asked her.

The woman smiled at her and that made her feel safe.

•••

Karina woke up again from that terrifying dream of her. She's still breathing heavily.

"Lunox? Is that my real name?" She asked herself. She looks at the time on her pocket watch chain and gasped. Shoot! She's super late!