i'll be drunk again (to feel a little love)

Author: librah on archiveyourown

"C'mon, Cabello, you've been through worse than this," she mutters to herself as she walks into her closet.

It was just a party, for god's sake. She's competed in the X Factor. She shouldn't be this nervous for a party.

But, a voice rings in the back of her mind, it was Lauren's party. It was her best friend's party. At least she thinks Lauren's her best friend. Lauren probably has tons of super cool friends who are all probably better than Camila, anyways.

Whatever. She needs to put her pants on.

It was the second day after they make it home when Lauren calls her. Camila had her earbuds in when One Direction suddenly stops playing and her default ringtone plays instead. She jumps, startled at the sound and her heart beats faster when she sees who it's from. (Only because the noise scared her, that's all.)

"Camz!" Lauren's upbeat voice greets her and Camila's mood is immediately lifted.

Camila smiles at her nickname. "Hey, Lo. What's up?"

"Well, two reasons. One, I already miss seeing you even though it's only been two days. Two, I'm throwing a little party at my house with my friends on Saturday and I was wondering if you wanted to come," Lauren says. "I know it sounds kinda lame, but I want to introduce you to all of them."

Camila blinks. The thought of hanging out with Lauren outside of anything competition and/or music industry related excites her more than she'd like to admit, but the thought of socializing with other people... not so much.

But still, it's Lauren, Camila reasons. "Yeah, sure." She already knew what her answer was before thinking and Lauren already had her at 'I already miss seeing you'.

-

Camila gets introduced to all of Lauren's friends in which she was right--they are all so much cooler than she is. But they're all nice and funny and Camila clicks with them (not as much as she does with Lauren, of course), and by the first hour, she's already talking and joking with the likes of Brittany and Jessica and Jackson.

The party thins out later in the night so that it's just her, Lauren, and only a few of her other friends. Lauren disappears into her basement and comes back with two bottles of wine in her hands and everyone cheers so Camila does too.

They pass it around as they drink it straight from the bottle until it's empty. Lauren's friend Chase finishes the last of the first bottle as he says, "Hey," he holds it up and wiggles it suggestively, "who wants to play spin the bottle?"

They all agree to it, Camila casts a nervous glance around, even Lauren--which, she realizes, she has to, too. They all form a circle around the bottle and Camila makes a hesitant move towards them.

Camila's heart thumps because all of them playing spin the bottle means that she is also playing spin the bottle.

She takes a seat between a brown haired boy who's name is either Justin or Jacob and Brittany as Chase starts it off. Camila is safe for the first few turns (which she's thankful for) as kisses happen between friends and teenage awkwardness ensues.

(She doesn't consider the possibility of 'kissing' and 'Lauren' in the same thought concept.

Or, she doesn't want to. Not yet.)

But then it's Keana's turn and the bottle slowly lands in Lauren's direction. Lauren laughs when Keana playfully winks at her as they crawl to the middle of the circle.

Camila watches the entire thing with a sort of fascination. Keana winks one more time when she cradles Lauren's face, and Camila swears Lauren is smirking as they lean closer together.