we are just friends (well we were)

author:firebird_18 on archiveyourown

"When are you just going to admit you guys are dating?" Dinah cried in frustration.

Lauren and Camila turned to look at her with raised eyebrows.

"Never... Because we're not." Lauren said slowly. Camila sighed and went back to checking her phone which is what both her and Lauren had been doing before they were interrupted. There'd been no reason for the sudden outburst that is Dinah Jane.

"I think you've been watching too many romance films lately cheechee." Camila giggled at Dinah's scowl.

"Do you even have the slightest bit of proof?" Lauren asked in amusement. Dinah paused.

"Not yet." She admitted quietly.

"Because there isn't any to find Dinah." Lauren sighed, shaking her head.

"Look we all know already so just tell us, we won't be mad." Dinah whined. Lauren let out a deep sigh.

"Can you please take your delusional ass somewhere else I'm trying to pick a selfie to post." Lauren said.

"You two are dating and you can't hide it forever." Dinah said, backing out the room slowly, making the 'I'm watching you sign' before spinning on her heel and leaving.

----

It was getting close to performance time when Camila appeared. She had told the girls she would come and watch their last show of their tour but they'd be skeptical that Camila would actually be allowed to sneak in.

Apparently they underestimated how much Big Rob misses Camila.

"Hey guys." Camila chirped as she pushed open their dressing room door.

"Camz you made it!" Lauren jumped up from her seat and wrapped Camila up in a long hug with a dopey grin on her face.

"I told you I wouldn't miss your last show Lo." Camila mumbled into Lauren's hair.

The other three watched with raised eyebrows. This is why they were convinced Camren had come to light; the affection has gone through the roof recently, the loving stares increased and the checking each other out had escalated.

"You're going to be great." Camila grinned, pulling back from the hug but leaving her hand around Lauren's waist and on her hip.

"Oh we know Mila." Dinah said, flipping her hair over her shoulder with a teasing grin.

"Ten minutes ladies." A stagehand called into the room and the four performers started to make their way to get ready for their show.

Ally, Dinah and Normani didn't even notice Lauren and Camila had lagged behind until Ally snapped her fingers.