camila's drunken crush

author:firebird_18 on archiveyourown

Camila groaned as she pulled a pillow further into her face. She was close to snapping and murdering her neighbour. Okay well she wouldn't because she wasn't a psychopath but good god was she pushing it tonight.

"Shut the fuck up!" Camila yelled, her voice muffled against the pillow. If anything the music got louder.

Now, let's get something straight; Camila was all for a party on a Friday night, letting loose, getting hammered, doing stupid shit that you'll regret in the morning. Sounds like a good time. However, she does not like them when she knows she has her family coming around the next day. Tonight she just wanted to get some sleep before her family descended to her house for the weekend. She needed the energy to get through her mother's questions:

"Mija why haven't you got a girlfriend yet? You can't be alone forever." Was just one example. Camila was barely 22, like give her a break.

So yeah, she just wanted some goddamn sleep before wading through hell tomorrow. But no, God had something different planned for her, something loud that vibrated her walls and made her cry tears of frustration.

At this point Camila gave up, if she had to hear Swalla 's chorus pumping through her walls one more freaking time she was going to kill someone. Namely her neighbour. Which would be a shame because she's super hot.

Camila sighed loudly, swung her feet out of bed and padded down her stairs into her living room, where the noise was more muffled. She took a deep breath and turned on her TV, flicking through channels until an all night Friends marathon popped up on her screen. She kicked her feet up on the coffee table in front of her and sat back, hoping that the steady sounds from the TV would lull her to sleep eventually.

----

She must've fallen asleep at some point because she was woken up to a loud pounding echoing through her house. She groaned and wiped a hand down her face.

"Yeah I'm fucking coming!" Camila yelled as she made her way to the door, glancing at the clock as she went past. "What!" She shouted as she yanked open her door.

There stood the neighbour in question. Lauren Jauregui, goddess among humans. Camila was still wondering whether to just tackle her now and beat her up for disturbing her sleep or to just see how this plays out. She crossed her arms and sighed heavily.

"Can I help you?" Camila said eventually. She noticed her neighbour wasn't replying and she reached out and poked her in the shoulder. She swayed on the spot and her eyes lazily trailed up her body to meet her eyes, her own green eyes unfocused and blurry.

"Hi." She breathed out, Camila could feel herself getting drunk just from the strong smell of vodka coming off of Lauren. Camila saw the half empty bottle of beer in Lauren's hand and raised her eyebrow.

"Lauren." Camila said. Lauren grinned and swayed again.

"I like it when you say my name. Makes it sound sexy." She slurred. Camila raised her eyebrows and shifted her weight a bit, getting cold in her shorts and t-shirt.

"Are you high?" Camila asked, peering at Lauren's eyes. Lauren smiled lazily and shook her head before stopping and looking paler than usual.

"Nope, just drunk."