124

Anne's pov

Sitting at my window sil, staring into the vast woods beyond green gables has been one of my new favorite past times this last month. Honestly, finding anything that even slightly distracts me from the hurt of missing Gilbert has  been a very rare occurrence. Normally when I stare at the beautiful dense forest I imagine a raven haired princess fighting off monsters through the trees, or a strong and fierce warrior slaying dragons, but now all I can imagine are his eyes. The way they gaze adoringly at mine. The way I can practically feel love oozing out of them. The way they light up after I kiss him. The way he would stare at me like I was the most beautiful creature he's ever seen, they made me feel beautiful, they made me drown in his love. Oh goodness those eyes.

Imagining being able to look into those gorgeous eyes again brings back an all to familiar ache in my heart,

An ache to wrap my arms around his neck and pull him close.

An ache to run my fingers through his soft curls.

an ache to hear his incredible laugh again.

An ache that only he can fill.

My heart aches for Gilbert Blythe's loving gaze and warm safe hugs. My heart aches for his stupid jokes and banter, my heart aches for him and him alone.

Marilla's stern voice brings me out of my thoughts with a jolt

"ANNE! ANNE?" She calls from down stairs "you've got mail!"

Well that's odd... I'm not expecting any mail

"Okay marilla coming!" I make my way down the stairs, trying (and failing) to push the thought of my beloved Gilbert from my head.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs I am met with a smirking smile dancing across my adoptive mother's face.

My eye brows furrow "Well what is it? Who is it from?"

"It's from your Blythe boy" she hands me the letter and winks causing a playful eye roll from me as a slight chuckle escapes my lips.

I return to my room, wanting to open the letter in private, and I can't help the grin that has been placed firmly across my face.

I stroke his elegant handwriting atop of the envelope

to: Miss Anne Shirley-Cuthbert (Blythe)

What a dork! I can't help but giggle at his failed attempt at being "smooth"

After carefully caressing the smooth ink that he had written in, I open the envelope to discover a letter.

My dearest Anne-girl,

I know you were probably joking about the whole 'pen pals' thing, but I wasn't. There just seems to be a different intimacy to writing a letter as opposed to just texting and I can't help but want to feel as close to you as possible.

I pray that everything is going good there, how is Matthew? I hope he is well. Everything is going fine here I guess.I do love my new boss, he is very kind and quite possibly a new 'kindred spirit' as you call it. I have made a few friends here, but none compared to my Avonlea gang. There is Kyle, Zeke and Hailey, they are all very bubbly and unique I think you would quite enjoy them.

I miss you greatly, almost unbearably. It has taken every ounce of self control I have to not get on the next flight back. I know you will be disappointed in me for not enjoying this opportunity to the fullest, but nothing could ever compare to the utter happiness that consumes me when you are by my side. These next 5 months are going to be excruciatingly hard aren't they?  :(  I am learning a lot though, so don't worry. I've tried to push the ache for you away but it's no use, I miss you so much love, you don't even know.

I love you more then words can describe, my carrots. I am counting down the days until I can hug and kiss you once more.

With all my love,
                    Your Gilbert Blythe

I must have re-read his letter 3 times before sighing with a smile and pulling it close to my chest, falling back on my bed.

I slowly brought the letter up to my lips and kissed the ink softly

"I miss you too gil, more then you know"

A/N I am trying to incorporate more "real chapters" ! This is part I !