125

Gilbert's pov

Walking around the bustling New York City this past month has been quite daunting. The large buildings and skyscrapers, the popular restaurants and huge Billboards in time square are somewhat intimidating to a country boy like myself.

As I wander around the city I can't help but wish Anne was here with me. I can hardly go anywhere without thinking about what she would think about the food or scenery.

It feels like half of me is missing, like I'm not fully myself. Every ounce of me misses her. I just can't believe I have to go another 4 1/2 months without being able to talk to her face to face. I am also immensely worried about her Matthew. I know what it is like to loose a father and I can't bare the possibility of her being hurt, especially while I'm not there.

I have fought my overpowering urge to fly back to Avonlea to see her almost every day I've been here, but I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to last if I'm being honest.

My apprenticeship is going well, I am learning so many new procedures and all about new kinds of medicine. At least one thing is going well.

Don't get me wrong I am so great full for this opportunity, but I just can't help but feel like I'm only half a person.

~~~~~

The minute I step foot in the boarding house I am met with a smirking Kyle standing in front of me, holding a letter.

"Hey Gilbert" he waves his eyebrows and another smirk is pressed firmly on his lips.

Why is he acting so weird "hey Kyle" I shrug it off and begin to walk passed him when he says

"Wait you've got a letter, I think it's from that Anne girl you're always talking about"

A slight blush creeps into my cheeks at the mere mention of her name what are you doing to me anne.
I reach for the letter and grab it firmly away from his ruff hands.

As I walk to my room I begin to read it, admiring her beautifully soft handwriting.

My favorite gil,

Thank you for your letter, I absolutely agree that writing seems to hold a deeper intimacy, since every curve and crevice of each word and letter is completely ours. And I do love the idea of being pen pals!
Avonlea is doing great, nothing much has changed since you left (this town isn't exactly susceptible to change very easily, as we have seen in the past) although the older adults seem to be very interested in your whereabouts, for whatever reason, and are constantly hassling me about it. But I don't mind, I could talk about you for the rest of my life and never get tired of it.

Oh! Your friends seem delightful! I'd love to meet them someday. And I'm glad your boss is kind, I'm sure it makes the work easier on you.

To answer your question, Matthew is doing... okay. His heart is growing weaker, making him more liable to a heart attack, but I am trying to stay positive, for myself and him.

I miss you. So, so much. Truthfully, I never knew the capacity that one could miss someone until now. I find myself getting lost in memories of you, most often my mind tricks itself into believing it isn't just a memory and you really are with me, but then I awake from my day dream and miss you even more. I do so wish that you will cherish your time there, and make wonderful memories exploring the city, even if I am not there with you.

I love you infinitely my gil, and I am counting the days until I can hold you again.

My endless love,
                  Your carrots ♥︎

I chuckle at her scattered mind that i love so much.

I breaks my heart to think that Matthew will most likely not get better, I've seen this before in my books, especially at his age, the hope of him fully recovering is very slim. I just pray I can be there when it happens, I can't stand the thought of Anne going through that alone.

I plop back on my bed and hold her words close to my heart. Gazing at the ceiling, I can almost see her again, those beautiful ocean eyes full of excitement and wonder, overflowing with kindness and love. I miss the comfort her eyes bring mine. And the way all of my worries seem to be drowned in the marvelous crystal blue.

Gosh I miss her.

"I love you too anne-girl, only 4 1/2 more months" I breath into the air "4 1/2 more months"

A/N not my favorite, but here's the second part!! 💞💞

Also.... THANK YOU FOR 10K READS!!!!! WHAT?!! That is so insane to me!!! 🤯🤯🤩🥳