02 Ace

'So what if she's a Tsubasa?' Hinata was the only one who seemed lost now. He didn't understand why that mattered. He was still hung up on the fact that she was serious about joining the boys' team. They can't just accept this, right? I mean, she's a girl. Girls can't play with boys. Even he knew that.

"Holy shit! Not only did we get Kitagawa Daiichi's setter, but we also got their ace?!" The bald one suddenly cheered, while the other two still seemed too shocked to say anything.

Hinata's eyes widened at his words.

"Y-you're an ace?" He muttered almost inaudibly, the words escaping his mouth before his mind had registered it.

Kageyama caught his almost inaudible words though and smirked at him.

"She's in the top three in the prefecture." He boasted, proud of his girlfriend's accomplishment.

Hikari blushed as those words left his mouth though.

"T-Tobio! You didn't have to tell him that!" She whined, playfully slapping his chest. She was embarrassed that he was flaunting her accomplishments that way.

"What? Can't I be proud of my girlfriend?" He quipped, raising an eyebrow at her, enjoying sudden rush of color on her face. He barely saw her like that, but he absolutely loved whenever she was flustered.

"What?! You're dating him?!" All four voices in the gym cried out in sync, as if they had rehearsed it beforehand.

Kageyama's name 'The King of the Court' wasn't exactly a secret. Everyone knew he had that nickname, and the public believed that such a nickname was coined for him because of very negative reasons.

Kageyama's switch was flicked, his cold demeanor suddenly returning. He scowled at them as he angrily barked out, "Why the hell are you all so shocked?!"

All four boys freezed and sweatdropped at the tone of his voice. 

'So this is the King of the Court...' they all thought.

The heat on Hikari's face and ears were slowly dissipating as she took in the scene in front of her.

A small giggle suddenly filled the air of the gym, making everyone's eyes turn to the source of the angelic sound they all just heard.

Her giggles continued to sound like music to their ears, as they all slowly relaxed. Even Kageyama's expression had softened. Of course, his expression softened. He loved hearing that laugh of hers. Her laughs finally subsided as she turned her attention to the upperclassmen.

"Well, don't mind him. He's actually pretty nice once you get to know him." She smiled, apologizing for her boyfriend's sudden outburst.

"Right..." The grey haired male muttered as they gave her unsure smiles.

"Well, it's good to have you and Kageyama. I'm Koushi Sugawara, but you can call me Suga." He introduced himself with a soft smile, taking it upon himself to break through the weird tension in the air.

"That's Ryuunosuke Tanaka," he pointed to the bald one, who was now trying to look threatening once again. "And this is the captain, Daichi Sawamura." He introduced the brown haired one who had a small, barely noticeable smile on his face.

She walked over to Kageyama, and pulled him towards them, getting him to join her as she bowed to them again.