06 Saltyshima

"Vishishferifuf Kahi!" Kageyama said with his mouth full as he shoved piece after piece of the tako sausages Hikari promised to make him last night, into his mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, Tobio, I can't understand you." Hikari giggled, bringing one piece of octopus-shaped sausage up to her mouth with her chopsticks, and chomping down the whole piece in one mouthful.

Tobio set his chopsticks down and focused on chewing his food before swallowing it all down.

"I said the food's delicious, babe. Thank you." Tobio smiled at her before continuing his meal.

Hikari couldn't help but smile as she watched her boyfriend inhale the food she prepared for him.

It was now lunch time, and as promised, Kageyama picked Hikari up from her classroom so that they have lunch together. They looked around for a quiet spot in campus, and ended up having lunch on the ground as if having a picnic, near the basketball team's gym as they enjoyed their lunch together.

"So, you coming over for dinner again tonight? Mom says she's glad you ate so much last night." Hikari smiled as she remembered her mom gushing over her boyfriend after he left.

Tobio shook his head, swallowing the food in his mouth before replying. "Can't, babe. I don't know what time I'll finish training tonight." After replying to Hikari, he proceeded to chow down his food yet again.

"Alright, let me just go grab us some drinks, okay?" She said, setting her chopsticks down before standing up and jogging over to the nearest vending machine. It was also near the gym that the men's volleyball club uses. She was about to slot in her coins when she heard the familiar thump of the ball against the ground, followed an also familiar voice.

"Why don't you try bending down, and returning the ball in the direction that it came, Hinata?"

It was Suga.

With a smile on her face, she retracted her hand from the vending machine, and decided to go bother the two for a bit.

"Hinata! Senpai!" She called out to them as she picked up the ball, and ran towards them.

"Oh, Hikari." Suga smiled as he saw her running in their direction.

"H-Hikari?" Hinata asked, surprised he was calling Hikari by her first name.

"Oh yeah," Hikari turned to Hinata when she stopped in front of them, "I told everyone to call me by my first name. It'd be nice if you did the same, Hinata."

"R-right." Hinata nodded, his cheeks becoming a little flushed at the thought of addressing the girl by her first name.

"So, you guys are training for Saturday?" She asked, bouncing on the balls of her feet as she held the ball out for Suga to take.

"Yeah, I'm helping him with his receives." Suga replied while he gratefully took the ball from her hand and muttered a small thanks.

"Your boyfriend won't give me any tosses!" Hinata suddenly whined, not realizing he was complaining to her.

"Oi, Hinata!" Suga scolded him in a whisper.

"No, it's fine, senpai." She shook her head and flashed the team's vice-captain a reassuring smile before turning to Hinata.

"It's not that he doesn't want to toss to you, Hinata. It's just..." Hikari paused, trying to think of the right word to use. "Complicated, for the lack of a better term." She nodded to herself.