twenty-seven*

// voice your opinion and let the confidence in you stand still //

"Cassidy!" I drop the romance book I have in my hands and walk down the stairs. I go to the front door to see mom waving something at me. I see the parcel in her hand and I smile, it must be the charms.

Quickly, I go to my room and unwrap the package. The charms look just like the ones online, and I manage to glue them together into the shape I want. I look at the time on my phone and wonder if I can still make a trip to the shop and get the necklace done but make it back in time for dinner. It's only four in the evening, so it should be fine.

I haven't seen Kris the whole day, she seems to be in her room for the most part. I won't complain though, it makes my mission to get her present ready easier. I tell mom about going to the mall and she offers to drive me there. I agree, grateful that I don't have to take the bus for once.

In the car, mom and I chat to pass time. "Do you want to go see the Christmas parade this year?" I shrug, not feeling too bothered if we actually go or not. The Christmas parade is almost the same every year, and I like spending winter days indoors since it gets pretty cold at night here.

After searching for a parking spot, mom and I go our separate ways. I am not too sure what mom is going to do, but I have my suspicions. It's probably something to do with Christmas presents. I make my way to the jewelry store and fortunately, the same worker that made mom's bracelet is working.

"Oh, hi! You're back! Do you have the charms today?" She recognizes me and greets politely as I hand over the charm. She stares at it for a while before nodding at me. "I can work with it. It's going on a necklace, yes?" I nod eagerly and she tells me it'll only take a few minutes.

To pass time quickly, I end up looking around the store once again. Perhaps I can even find something I like and buy it for myself. After going through so many displays of bracelets, rings, necklaces, and hair accessories, I get a little bored. I like jewelry, but none of these seem to catch my eye.

I notice a necklace on the counter, and curiously ask the girl what it is doing there. With a deep sigh, she answers, "Some girl said she didn't like it when someone gave it to her as a birthday present. Don't understand why though, it's really pretty." I take a closer look at the necklace, the design looks more complicated than what I usually like.

However, it is still pretty. It's a statement necklace with pastel colored crystals and it's all held together with a chain. The middle piece is in the shape of a flower in pink, making me guess that the rest are its petals. It is truly gorgeous, and it's not as heavy as I thought it would be.

"It's twenty dollars. Our shop is also now having a small sale where if you buy two pieces of jewelry, you will get 15% off!" She says enthusiastically and I look at the necklace once more. I will be paying for Kris' necklace, so why not get another one and get a discount?

"I'll have it."

Before I finally leave the store, I make sure Kris' necklace is done properly. I am satisfied with how it turned out, and feel confident that Kris will like it too. Getting both the necklaces today makes me feel happy, maybe it's because I even got a discount for it. I meet up with mom at the entrance and she has two bags hanging on her arms. We drive back home after that.

The next day, school goes by more relaxing than usual because it's almost the holidays. I am glad that Christmas break is only around the corner, because like any other student, I'd rather not be in school.

I throw myself onto my bed when I finally get home, unable to contain the urge. It is one of those days when I really don't want to do anything besides be in bed all day, no matter how unproductive that is.