Author's notes

GN'R. The most dangerous band in the world. Who would pass up the chance to write about them, or read about them, even? A band who experienced mishaps and drama beyond belief and imagination.

This fanfiction is about Slash. It was based off of his autobiography, and an idea;

The idea of a Guns N' Roses fan just like most of you readers, going about her normal daily update for Wattpad when the text she is writing swallows her up and she is thrown into Slash's world as he was when he was a teenager.

The girl, Raven, travels through time and space and lands squarely in Slash's young life.

Time rewrites itself.

When travelling to the past your age stays exactly the same, but if you travel into the future, you lose those years of your life in the blink of an eye. (At least in this story)

Of course, landing in a new time doesn't go without consequence.

Your brain has to catch up with your body. Time rewrites itself so that you make sense in the new timeline, so as not to upset the fragile balance of the space-time continuum, but you remember things that didn't happen... Or rather will happen- if you don't somehow stop that from happening by meddling in the past... It's a bit wibbly wobbly.

When Raven jumps back in time two whole decades, her whole life needs to be rewritten to make up for not having been born in time, etc. This means HER BRAIN IS BEING REWRITTEN!! But then, not completely, either. She retains memories of her old life.

Therefore, Raven experiences concussion- like effects upon her arrival.

She feels dizzy, has a persistent headache and experiences nausea. The severity of the symptoms is affected by how far you jump. One month might leave you a little dizzy, whereas years will make you feel concussed.

Coupled with separation anxiety from loss of original family and friends, this results in panic attacks and anxiety even years later.

The traveller also gets a new family. A mother and father, perhaps a sibling or two, a family pet maybe? The traveller is written into a new family, who births them on time, houses them, feeds them and clothes them.

Of course, the traveller's original family and friends will have no recollection of the traveller at all. They were born at a different time, to different people. But the traveller remembers them. This can obviously be upsetting.

Raven is dropped into the Cassel family, left to struggle in a new environment and grapple with a new reality.
So... in a way, it is less time travel and more alternate dimension-travel...

Hope you enjoy the story! :)