Chapter 29

For the first time since they had a heart to heart talk, Benjamin smiled widely. His eyes slanted even more. Mas lalo tuloy itong naging cute sa kanyang paningin. She couldn't help but sigh. She was just so happy that Benjamin looked for her, that he had followed her in New York. Nang mabasa niya ang journal ni Cindy ay hindi niya maiwasang makaramdam ng guilt. Pero huli na ang lahat. Nagawa na niyang saktan si Benjamin. Nagawa na niyang ipahiya ito. Somehow, she had the urge to communicate with him and somehow say sorry after she read Cindy's journal, but fear overcame her. Alam kasi niya na nasaktan niya nang husto ang lalaki, na napahiya ito dahil sa ginawa niya. At alam niyang galit ito sa kanya.

Hindi niya alam kung papaano magpapaliwanag, kung papaano ia-approach ang lalaki sa kabila ng mga nagawa niya. Hindi niya inisip na mahal pala talaga siyang tunay nito, na kayang-kaya pala siya nitong patawarin. And she was just so happy that he was here, and that finally, they were reunited after six agonizing months. Hindi niya maipaliwanag ang kaligayang nararamdaman niya sa ngayon. Basta maligaya siya. Dahil ngayon ay muling magkasama na naman sila ng lalaking pinakamamahal niya. She just realized that she loved Benjamin so much, and that she would forever live in misery without him. She loved this man whom she gave her virginity with. And she had no regrets.

"I know I have hurt you, Benj," she whispered gently. "I know that you still pursued our wedding, hoping that I would go back till the last minute, but I didn't. I have read the headlines about you being ditched on the altar by your bride. It was nasty..." She cupped his face with her two hands. "I hope you could still forgive me. I regret what I did now though. Kung sana ay maibabalik ko ang nakaraan at maitama ang pagkakamali..." Napailing na lamang siya sa puntong iyon.

"There's really no need to do that, Maru. Come to think of it. Baka nangyari ang mga nangyari noon dahil kasama iyon sa kapalaran nating dalawa. It's part of our journey together. Anyways, nangyari na ang mga nangyari. What we can just do is to let go of any anger, fear and bitterness in our hearts, and move on. Let's just start a new life, and weave beautiful memories together." He planted a soft kiss on her lips. "I don't care about the past anymore -the pain, the heartaches, the embarassment, as long as you're here in my arms now, that's all that matters. Let's just forgive each other, and leave everything behind us."

Napatango na lamang siya. Yeah, that was what they need to do. They just had to concentrate on the present, and build their future together. From now on, no more anger, bitterness and doubts. They only had love for each other.

Love was really powerful. It could heal all wounds, erase nasty memories, forgive trangressions and forget heartaches. And it was the most beautiful thing in the world.