It's time

*Mary's p.o.v*

It's been a couple of years since me and Demi truly have had any hardships that we can't get over, but recently, she's been acting different. She has been very aggressive and she's been dry with me. She doesn't say I love you as much as she use to. I don't necessarily think she is doing anything unfaithful, I'm just afraid she's relapsing again and she's just blocking her emotions away from anyone and everyone. I've been thinking that maybe we should go to therapy and talk things out. These past years have taught me that you can't truly fix someone, you can only help them and it's up to them whether or not they want the help to become better. I'm still struggling myself, but I'm better at reserving myself, Demi...she's just been so numb? 

Though I'm not one who has been a fan of therapy, I think it is the last choice I have to make sure that Demi doesn't get bad again and we become toxic again. 

Max is already 8 years old and he may be a kid but he is starting to realize his surroundings a lot more and knows different types of emotion. He seems to be developing behavioral problems. We have been taking him to therapy and it has been helping him. He was getting in trouble in school and punching others and getting mad when he didn't have anything go his way. Seeing him get better through therapy gave me the idea that Demi and I can have the same outcome. I    was thinking that today would be the best time to mention it because she'll be home from tour and I finally have a day off. I've gotten into the habit of overworking again because I've been trying to keep myself occupied so I don't need to express myself. 

I get a text from Demi that her plane just landed and that she can't wait to relax and that she has missed me and Max. She's been so busy with tour that she would only call us about an hour a day. She was working so much that I was afraid she would go back to using drugs and self harming. Though she would barely go back to her drug habits in the past, she's been acting out of the ordinary. I know what you're thinking, I'm a cop, shouldn't I notice that right away? It's sometimes hard to notice when you're so caught up in love and life. The hardest thing about this whole thing is getting Demi and I help and fixing our lives.

As I think of the best way to bring up the thought of therapy I hear a knock on the door and a beautiful voice. 

"I'm hooooommmeeee" Demi sings out. 

I run to the door and open it. Demi embraces me into a hug which made me happy because it felt like she was feeling instead of pushing me away and numbing herself. 

"I'm so glad you're home my love. Time for you to relax and destress" I  tell her after kissing her lips. I missed her soft lips. What caught me off guard was the lack of smell of vanilla and the heavy smell of must. I must've showed confusion because Demi cleared her throat.

"I know I stink, I did my concert and got on a plane and came straight home, I haven't showered" she said laughing. 

I laughed along with her but she smelled like a mix of cigarettes and alcohol, not sweat.  

"Go take a shower baby, then we can talk all about tour, what me and Max have been up to and then we'll pick him up and come home to relax." 

Demi nodded and went to go take a shower. As much as I wanted to make love to her, I had a gut feeling that something has been going on with her. She's acting so preppy and happy but it isn't normally her happiness, she isn't using her signature smile, it's different. 

I laid down on the bed and waited for her to come out of the shower. When she came out she was in lingerie. She looked so good and all my thoughts went aside.

"Woah" was all that came out of my mouth.

She smirked and came to the bed and straddled me. She was kissing my neck, my stomach, my lips. I almost forgot the comfort of her body against mine. It felt great having her back. As we kissed I looked into her eyes they were dilated and then I noticed a small shade of pink but it wasn't on one eye, it was both eyes. Was she high?