Temper

*Mary's p.o.v*

"Mar can you come over and take care-"

"I'm already here." Marissa says.

I hear a knock on the door.

"Thank you for taking care of him I owe you one." I give her a hug.

"Just update me on her condition." 

I grab my jacket and go. My mind starts spiraling in a circle with so many thoughts. How could anyone let Demi get this bad? What am I supposed to do if we aren't a couple anymore?

I get to the hospital and thankfully there is no paparazzi here. It hurts my heart to think that she could be gone. All because of that stupid narcotic. 

I walk in and go to the front desk. 

"Who are you here for today ma'am?"

"Lovato, Demetria Devonne Lovato" I  say calmly.

"Yes, Lovato, due to her popularity status I must ask, who are you to the patient?"

"Uhhh...her ex-wife"

"Okay let me just look here" 

After seconds that felt like eternity she gives me an answer that irritates my soul.

"Unfortunately ma'am you are not on her list of immediate family, now if you are a friend we just ask you wait in the lobby waiting room until someone she may know whether it is family or a significant other lets you in with them."

Knowing that she is only doing her job I nod and sit down. I call Dianna but after about 5 attempts she doesn't answer, if she's in there with her she's going to be focused on Demi, not me. My mind continues to thin the worse. What if she doesn't make it? What if this time her demons really took over and just left her to die? Was it alone? Did she overdose all by herself and die alone? Poor thing was alone, depressed, and no one would help her... she didn't let anyone help her...

I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Ma'am it's been about 4 hours, do you want a coffee or some water? Do you want to go home and refresh yourself and come back? Or go out for some air?" A nurse asks concerned of my state.

I realize I didn't know so much time has passed and that I was crying. 

"I'm okay thank you." I politely answer.

I hear a familiar voice of a lady and her body scuffle in. Then I hear "Lovato".

I look behind me and see Dianna. I thought she was in there with Demi but I was wrong. 

"Dianna? I thought you were in there with Demi?"

"Mary what good to see you, I just got here on the closest flight from Vegas, as soon as the hospital called me I rushed over here. Why are you not in there with her?" She asks in a panicked manner. 

"They didn't let me in, I'm not on her list anymore."

"Come on you're with me." she said grabbing my hand and pulling me into the hospital hallways.

The hallways felt never-ending, as if it were a horror movie. 

When we got to the room my heart shattered at the sight. It was Demi with tubes in her nose and monitors showing her pulse and oxygen. It felt so familiar but worse. This time it was even worse than any other time we were in this hospital. 

Dianna starts crying but tries to comfort me. I take in a deep breath and act like I'm contained. I    hug Dianna and sit on the chair farthest from Demi. If she wakes up I don't want her screaming or angry because I'm next to her.