Liar

*Mary's p.o.v*

As we walk into the office, I notice that Demi's grip on me tightens, I look back at her and she smiles widely at me which is odd because she was just offended that we needed therapy. I    brush it off and sit down. 

"So we do this with all our new clients, we get to know all about you like favorite activities, habits, things that help you and people you can trust." Dr. Jauregui says.

"Lauren right?" Demi asks pointing at a degree that is pinned on the wall.

"Yes but I prefer Dr. Jauregui, it keeps our relationship somewhat professional." 

"Relationship? Sorry lady I'm taken by this beauty right here" Demi says while pointing at me. As much as Demi is complimenting me, she's being rude and naive. 

As the session starts Demi starts acting weird as if she is high again. She's acting bubbly and asking weird questions. She also keeps staring at Dr. Jauregui like if she can't figure out her face.

"When did you two meet?" She asks.

"When we were young, we met at a mall and we kind of moved very quick in the relationship, so quick it seemed abnormal and in all honesty, we weren't ready for a relationship at the time." I    say truthfully.

"You kissed another girl remember" Demi scoffs. 

"She kissed me and it was the past, about a decade ago Demi." I defend myself. 

She mocks me and rolls her eyes. Maybe bringing her into this was a mistake, maybe she just needs to go into a rehab. 

"I'm sorry to ask this but it's my job, Demetria are you under the influence?" The dr asks.

"What's it to ya?" Demi starts laughing. 

Feeling embarrassed I put my head in my hands. I watch the Dr write down notes. 

"Are we done with this session yet?" Demi asks.

"No we just started babe, give us some time relax." 

"Look you told me to come and I came, I'm bored and honestly I'm high as a kite right now" She smirks at me.

I begin to feel the blood in my veins boil. I guess it becomes noticeable because before I can even express my emotion the therapist interrupts me.

"Ma'am if you do not want to be part of this, no one is forcing to, we are here to help you but it's your choice if you want help, your wife is here trying to resolve problems and wants help. It's your choice to stay or leave." She says calmly.

I look over at Demi and she gives the therapist a fake smile and gets up and leaves. 

Though I was eager to leave too and run out, I stayed. 

"So Mary, when did this all start, is she always aggressive and naive?" Dr. Jauregui asked.

"No, this is recent." I say lying. Demi has had a past but that's not my business to tell. 

"Interesting, is there anything you think may have started this, like in your relationship? Has it always been this toxic?" she asks.

I take a minute and realize that we really are toxic. My heart starts to race.

"I mean we've always had a problem with fighting with each other." I admit.  

"Interesting, has she ever put her hands on you?" She looks me in my eyes and my heart starts to beat out of my chest. 

As in denial I want to be, this is my therapist now, I  should be honest with her. 

"Yeah... a couple of times." 

"If you need help you can always call my number if you are in a dangerous situation." Dr. Jauregui says.

I'm taken back.

"Demi is not a threat to me, she's not dangerous, she only hit me because I made her mad and provoke her."

Great now she really is going to think Demi abuses me. She writes notes down and I know she's probably writing about Demi. 

After an hour I was done with therapy, she asked me about my day, my week, and what the goal is for going to therapy. 

As I walk out the office I see Demi waiting by my car. This bitch really must be crazy and on every drug to think that she can really just stand there like nothing happen. I clench my fist in anger before I confront her. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you Demi?" I yell. 

"Don't." She says chuckling sarcastically. 

"Don't what? You embarrassed me in there, you need help you're literally a drug induced bitch." I    let out.

"At least being high is what it takes for me to be a bitch, you were just born one." She scoffed.

Wow, I couldn't believe her, this drug really got her thinking it's the only thing that matters. 

"Really Demetria? REALLY? The drugs, the yelling, the pushing, and I'm the bitch? Do you not care about me or your son?" At this point I was in disbelief that she was being so oblivious. 

I care about Max, but you...right now the drugs are the only thing that lets me tolerate you."

"Alright Demetria, how about we just end this marriage then. If you don't love me then what's the point?" I say emotionless. 

"You know, that's the first great idea you've had since I came home yesterday." She nodded.

"Alright, you can't stay at the house, grab your shit and go. We'll explain it to Max when we figure out how to. Like you say in your song, what good is a love song, without the love." I start opening my car. 

"I'll just stay with one of my friends on tour. Goodbye Mary."

"Goodbye Demetria." I close my door. I take in a deep breath and watch her go. This is over. just like that, literally a decade and that's it. She really chose drugs over me. 

When I get home I lose it. I start throwing everything from glass to silverware to pictures of me and Demi. I ruin my whole bedroom. Next thing I know there is warm blood dripping from my knuckles. I put my head in my hands when I realize that this time there won't be an apology or someone wrapping their arms around my body.  I  look next to me and inconveniently it's the picture of me and Demi after the wedding. We looked so happy, who would've known after finally feeling okay it would be torn down all over again. I breakdown in tears.  

I really spent all my love on Demi. My life, my heart, her and Max are the loves of my life. And that's all gone because she'd rather sniff powder. I know it sounds insensitive, but fuck it, and fuck cocaine. 

Was it ever true? Did she ever actually love me? Or was she lying? Is Demetria Devonne Lovato a liar?