Seven. [Thranduil Imagine]

It was his first birthday and he already had long hair like his father.

You wished with all your heart you could be with Thranduil to raise your son, but that wasn't a possibility. You had died giving birth and now you were a ghost. You hadn't moved on from Middle Earth, for you wanted to watch over and protect your husband and son.

Your heart ached as you placed a transparent hand on the window. Thranduil was cradling the little baby boy, rocking him to sleep. There was no one else in the bedroom. No maids or servants, just the two. The urge to call out, 'My love! I am right here, please look at me!' was always there whenever you saw him. But even if you did speak, he couldn't hear nor see you. The only possible way of knowing you were there was if you drifted through them. But the coldness of your 'body' would make the infant cry, and those invisible tears would roll down your cheeks. You could never bring sorrow like that to your child.

You turned your head slightly to look up at the full moon. And a tear did fall. The clear sky's and brightness of the moon made your ghostly body glow a little. A slightly brighter area in the shape of you.

Unable to resist it any longer, you passed through the castle walls that separated you from you family. You floated beside the child's head, and ever so slightly brushed a strand of his blond hair from his face. He whimpered, which broke your heart. He didn't even know it was you.

"Shhh...don't cry.." Thranduil said gently and he rocked the babe, who smiled and reached for a strand of Thranduil's long blond hair. You moved so you were in front of him, but not touching the happy child. You caressed Thranduil's cheek with your hand and he shivered. Sorrow crossed over his eyes and a tears rolled down his cheek and you moved your finger to catch it. It just passed right through. He looked up for a moment, and it seemed as if he met your eyes. You smiled, your heart swelling with hope. But nothing, he didn't see. A few more tears of his came and he closed his eyes. "My love, why did you have to die?" He whispered and you stroked his cheeks.

"Please. I'm right here." You whimpered, wanting him to notice you. And for a moment it felt like he did. He brought a hand up to his cheek and placed a hand where yours was. You grinned and you saw, in his eyes, he was remembering you and how you would touch his cheek like that.

"She's always with me, I must never forget that." He whispered to himself. And that, was the truth. You would never leave his side.