Six: Requesting Assistance

When uigi read the news, he immediatey thought of Yoshi. The front page had a arge advertisement.

MUSHROOM CUP SEEKING PARTICIPANTS! 1000000000 COIN PRIZE! PEASE VISIT WWW.MOOMOORACE.COM FOR MORE DETAIS!

It'd been years since Yoshi had ived with money to spare, and uigi took it upon himself to do everything he coud to hep Yoshi.

Yoshi and Toad used to own a muti-mion doar business. But it all changed when a group of cows decided to sue them for buiding their business off of cow extermination. Everyone knew the cows didn't actuay care about their cow brethren and that they ony used this as an excuse to both protect themseves and to make some money. Since then, both had ived in poverty. Toad was ucky enough to get a job at the caste heping Princess Peach, but Yoshi was not so ucky. He continued to ive in poverty. Toad never earned back enough money to start their business again; he barey made enough to support himsef.

This, however, woud be the perfect opportunity to get that money back. If they won the prize of 1000000000 gold coins, they could easiy start up their business again. As uigi thought about the idea and was about to get up from his armchair to go call Yoshi, there was a knock at the door.

"Coming!" he caed as he rushed to answer the door. When he opened it, he was met with Toad and Yoshi themseves. "Oh! I've been meaning to tak to you!"

"That's good, because we need to tak to you as we." If uigi hadn't known Toad for years through Yoshi, he woud have thought Toad's tone was threatening. But he knew that Toad just aways sounded (and often was) grumpy despite his cheerfu demeanor and meant no harm.

"What do you need?" uigi asked. Yoshi was the one to answer, waking forward with a vacuum in hand.

"We need you to teach us about this thing," he expained.

uigi's neutra expression morphed into a grin.

"Gady!! Come in, come in!" Yoshi frowned. uigi seemed way too excited. Yoshi woud never understand what was so interesting about vacuums.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Yoshi whispered to Toad.

"Do we have any other choice?" Toad said aggressivey.

"I mean, that's true, but have you heard him tak about vacuums? I'd et the cows take over the word if it meant I never had to hear another word about vacuums come from his mouth," Yoshi whined.

"Don't be ridicuous. Those cows need to die, and this is our ony hope!" Toad et out a ong sigh.

They sat down on the couch in uigi's iving room.

"Emme see this," he said, taking the vacuum from Yoshi's hands. After a few seconds of inspection, his eyes widened. "My God, it's a Demonsayer 4500! They ony se these in shady parts of the Mushroom Kingdom! How the heck did you get your hands on this?"

"Um..." Toad ooked to Yoshi, unsure how to answer.

"Some guy just gave it to us. We had no idea what it was. That's why we came to you. Think you can teach us how to use it? We managed but just barey," Yoshi expained. uigi tried to act ike he didn't care, but it was obvious that he was ecstatic.

"Ok, sit down and I' te you everything you need to know about this thing!" uigi said, amost squeaing.

"This is going to be a ong day," Yoshi whispered to Toad, who nodded.