1 | Tomorrow Is Another Day

Warnings ⚠️ : So I've realized that the fnaf fandom is mostly made up of a bunch of children, teenagers, people under 18. Also, I realized that maybe those children would be reading this book (I'm talking ages like 7-15) and perhaps they'd be exposed to a bunch of uhh elements of the story that they wouldn't like/ were uncomfortable with so here's a warning for this chapter:

Talk about violence but generally nothing too explicit.

Continue :)
~ ~ ~ ~
Michael Afton does not know his father, William Afton, nor his mother, whose name wasn't told to him. He wasn't sure if she was still alive.

But he did know Elizabeth and his brother. Elizabeth was 11 years old, bright for her age, and had a soft spot for ice cream, naturally. All kids her age loved sugar.

Michael had no idea William still lived in his house. Michael actually believed William was dead, so how could he watch them through cameras? Did his brother know?

His brother probably wouldn't tell him, anyway. You see, he and Michael did not have a good relationship. Michael was short-tempered and sensitive, and his brother was irritable and mischievous. He loved to play jokes on his siblings, which Elizabeth didn't really mind, she loved jokes, but Michael did not appreciate it.

Today, in particular, their brother purchased a mask from the gift shop in Fredbear's Family Diner. It had the shape of a fox's face and it was bright red. There were holes where the eyes would be once you put it on.

The brother preferred Foxy over the the other animatronics, so, naturally, he wanted the fox mask. If you thought about it, him loving the franchise and wearing their products could be considered cute or childish, but Michael would never describe his brother that way.

Especially after what he did with that mask

That being said, yesterday Michael's brother told him he would have a big birthday surprise this year. Michael had a feeling what it would be, but he tried not to let it get to him. As his friend always tells him, he has to be strong. It just so happens his friend is a golden bear plush with a purple top hat.

Yesterday, Michael had plans on going to Jr's, the other pizza place with animatronics. He preferred that place. He loved the carousel and he definitely would rather be locked up in there than Fredbear's. It's something about those robots...

Anyway, he got home from school (with the strange feeling of someone watching him) and went to his bedroom to speak with his plush friend.

Then, his brother locked him in. He didn't realize at first; he must not have noticed the clicking sound. However, he's been through this before.

"Let me out! Please! Don't keep me in here!" Michael hated being stuck in his room, or the house. He banged on the door, pleading with his brother to let him go, but his brother merely laughed at him. Michael didn't get dinner that night, but the next day, before he went to school, his brother treated him and his sister to a nice ice cream cone.

At school the following day, Michael felt conflicted. His brother locked him in his room with no dinner for no reason, yet he was nice enough the next day to give him an ice cream cone. Is his brother ruining his life or teaching him a lesson?

Sorry for whatever I did. Thanks for the ice cream, Michael thought but did not say out loud.

In school, he was distracted. In the boy's bathroom before lunch, he was hearing things. Strange things. Be strong. You can make it.

He stayed there with his own lunch until it was time to get to class.

He bumped into someone. His acquaintance, (Y/N) (L/N). She wasn't that popular, but she certainly was a normal gal. Nothing in her life. Nobody bothering her. Yeah, what a boring life.

Michael apologized, and she seemed to notice him. She smiled, but Michael, at first, thought it was fake. "No worries."

They went to their separate ways. Michael glanced back. She looked different than usual... Was she glowing? She stood out in the hallway, definitely. Why was nobody looking at her?

What was happening? Was he looking at the same girl? She must've noticed that he was watching, because she turned around and gave him another smile. Weird. He looked away with a small, sheepish smile, but when he looked back, she was normal again. Just like everyone else.

He didn't think too much of it. Besides, they never even talked. Just said "hi" a few times. She was nothing special. He left with the thought, my hallucinations are getting worse.

He was almost late for class, which was unusual. His teacher didn't say anything about it, but surely she must have noticed. Maybe not. She didn't pay a lot of attention to him.

Her name was Mrs. Briley. She was pretty young, only in her thirties, and she seemed to be well-liked. Michael agreed with everyone else that she was patient and well-organized.

Michael headed to his seat and went on about his day just like normal. Nothing weird happened again. He saw a glimpse of (Y/N) going on her bus, but he didn't see her again that day. He recalled being in 3rd grade again. She was in his class. They used to be somewhat friends until 5th grade, when she moved away. She came back in high school, but they weren't close again.

Michael went home. He remembered Elizabeth was staying at her friend's house. She must have left early, then. Michael didn't see his brother anywhere. He decided that he was dropping off his sister.

He went to his room to put up his book bag. Then, his friend spoke.

He's hiding again.

Michael's blood ran cold. He wasn't ready for this again. It was too early. It wasn't even midnight, or close to it. Who's hiding? Is it the nightmares? Are they hiding from him, until 12, to ultimately find him and rip out his throat with their teeth? Is that it?

He left the room, quietly. All the lights were off. It was eerie and dark. Very dark. Why? It was just after noon. His friend sat on the old grandfather clock.

He won't stop until you find him.

So was "he" in the house? Probably. The kitchen! He must be in there. Where all the knives and utensils are... Michael was going to die today. Nobody would ever find his body.

Nobody would ever find my body.

His friend sat on the couch. How did he even get there?

I looked at the TV. It was shiny, but dark at the same time. There was a big shadow behind it. The fox. It was the fox. The nightmare fox has finally come to kill Michael.

It sprung out from behind the TV. Michael jumped, then got into fetal position on the ground. There was laughter coming from the fox. It was deep, throaty.

It was his brother.

Tomorrow is another day.

Michael doesn't want another day. He just wants friends, a nice life, no nightmares, no monsters, no brothers and no robots with sharp teeth and claws.