6 | First Shift

No warnings
~ * ~ *
(Your POV)

Well, I didn't expect this to be my first job, but it's easy enough.

My job is to stay in the security room at Jr's and make sure nothing bad happens. I'm not sure I like how the manager said it... Anyway, an old security guard left a call for me. He apparently left tips and tricks to start my new job.

It's anything but that and today is my first day.

I arrive at the pizzeria at around 11:30 to get used to my surroundings. To prepare, I brought a huge cup of coffee and food, and I slept throughout the day. I guess, if I'm going to survive this job, I have to become nocturnal. That's a thing I can and will do.

When I unlock the doors, I take a look around me.

It's dark, but I can almost still feel the bustling children beside me, squealing to go see the animatronics play. I smile at this thought. I used to love these pizzerias as a kid.

I head to the main room, the cafeteria part. The carousels and game machines look very alluring no matter how dark it is. I catch sight of one of my favorite robots: Balloon Boy. He used to be my second favorite because he always gave me balloons.

My actual favorite is not in this room. It's in another party room, one connected to this one. I go to that room to take a lot at it.

It's a mess. Toy Foxy, one of the main four. The children liked it so much they destroyed it. I remember one time I came in to see Toy Foxy and I cried because of the children. No one cared then. Just like now.

"Maybe one day, I'll get so rich, I'll own the place," I tell it, frowning at the mangled sight. "When that happens, I'll put you on the stage with the other three. You'll be safe."

As expected, no response, but I'm sure I saw a "thank you" in its eyes. I smile and continue on my way to the cafeteria I was previously in.

I go to the stage to get a look at the Main Three. Toy Bonnie, Toy Freddy, Toy Chica. They all look ravishing and shiny, perfect for playing music for children. "You three play good music. Keep going."

Even in the dark, Jr's is still magical.

I take out my map and head for the security office, which is only two hallways away.

In the first, I see the bathrooms. Useful for me if I have to go pee. In fact, I may just have to go-

After I use the bathroom, I continue my way. There's a Parts and Service room at the end of the hall. I decide not to go in it. In the other hallway are four party rooms. I look in the two closest to the security room and see small vents near the tables. Actually, those vents aren't small. They're pretty big. Why?

And finally, the security room. It's already set up for me. There's a desk and chair, a fan, a phone, a flashlight, and a tablet with security cameras. I set down my food and drink and look through it. It has all the places I've been, besides the Parts and Service room and bathrooms.

I see it has a built in flashlight. Neat. I check the time. 11:46. I have 14 minutes before my shift has officially started.

I look around the room. There are vents on either side of me, the same size of the ones in the party rooms. Wait a second, are they connected?