9 | Am I Hallucinating?

No warnings
~ * ~ *
Let's make this clear.

When the week is over, I am never- and I mean never coming back. That means when no more getting pizza here (there's a pizza parlor across the street), no more flirting with cute older brothers, and no more being bedazzled by the animatronics.

No. None of it.

I will move to another state if it means my children won't hear a good word from that pizzeria. If they ever request to go there, that will be my end.

And I'll sincerely allow them to quit their jobs should they ever become security guards. They'll be there one night and ask me to call it quits. I will be there to comfort them, like my mother wasn't.

If that's what it takes, I'll never have another connection to Jr.'s after Friday.

Today, my boyfriend comes over half an hour before I leave. I haven't told him anything.

"James, hey, I didn't know you'd be here today," I exclaim when I see him at the door. He notices my security outfit and smiles.

"I didn't know you had to work today," he admits. "I thought maybe I could come and we could watch a movie?" He holds up a copy of the DVR version of "Full Metal Jacket."

"You got it?" I take the movie and trace my finger over the case. "Hey, that's sweet but I have to work until six."

"Six?" He throws his head back in an exasperated groan. "What about tomorrow night?"

"Working."

"The night after that?"

"Working." I wince at his frown. I never like upsetting James. He doesn't deserve it. "I'm sorry, babe, but I'll be free on Saturday."

His anger vanishes as soon as it appears and he kisses the top of my head. "It's okay, I get it. Sunday will have to do, though, because I have that fishing trip with Dad and Gina."

With that, he plants a quick kiss on my lips, sets the movie on the television, and leaves. I sigh. Watching one of the newest and coolest movies with my boyfriend is ten times better than going back to Jr.'s to be accosted by robots.

~ * ~ *
I park my car in the lot at Jr.'s. As always, it's empty. My car is the only one here.

This time, I don't bring food or any fancy drinks or books. The only item I bring is a bottle of water. I know by now I won't be even trying to fall asleep.

I step one foot inside the pizzeria and collapse on the ground.

My vision is blurry, but I can make out a different place. I'm not at Jr.'s.

In front of me is a room with tons of tables and chairs and even a few slices of leftover pizza. It's like our dining hall, but smaller and with no arcade machines.

In the corner is a round, alone stage with purple curtains. I don't know why it catches my eye. Maybe it's confirmation that I am, in fact, in a pizzeria.

I realize two things at once.

The first thing is the Freddy head is on me and it doesn't have an odor. The other thing is for some reason I am on the stage of this pizzeria.

I look to my right very slowly and feel my breath quicken. Actually, I can hear my breath. It sounds more manly, not like me at all.