10 | Murder Mystery

No warnings
~ * ~ *
I lie beside a sleeping James, his hand around my waist. It sounds comfortable, yet I am anything but that.

I don't have the guts to tell James about the weird things happening in my job. He would freak out and that's last thing that I need.

I slide off of him and pull up a pair of shorts. I wrap a robe around my body and head outside for a smoke.

I shouldn't be smoking, but it feels right at a time like this.

After just about fifteen minutes, I go back inside, take a shower, and leave with my old clothes on.

At home, the news are on and my mom is asleep on the couch. A kid disappeared last night, and this isn't the first time that's happened. I'm beginning to think this isn't such a nice city after all.

Nevertheless, I sleep until my alarm at 10:30 wakes me up.

~ * ~ *
Cautiously, I step inside Jr's.

This time, I don't faint and with a breath of relief, I hurry to my office.

I shouldn't have celebrated so soon.

My body falls to the ground again but I'm out before I hit the ground. I wake up in the same setting as last night when I fainted.

The smell is terrible, like rotting garbage. I notice immediately a Freddy type of animatronic is in front of my face. This time, he's golden, not brown like the real Freddy.

I stare back, but fear makes me look away. At my left, Bonnie is staring directly at me. His eyes are gone and his mouth is parted.

On my right, Chica looks the same. My breath hitches in my throat and I swallow. The Freddy head feels a lot heavier than last night.

I hear a sort of giggling, more intense noises than before. I want to cower away but I am motionless. Once again, static engulfs me and I return to the office at 12 am.

Mangle is in the Prize Corner, Foxy is in the hallway and Bonnie is following suit.

I hardly listen to the phone call, but a few words catch my attention. "Avoid eye contact with any of the animatronics tonight."

This makes me alert and my pulse starts to race. I remember the vision of the animatronics staring directly at me. Does it have anything to do with this?

"Someone may have tempered with their facial recognition system."

"What?" I whisper, flipping the camera and winding up the music box.

"-characters have been acting very unusual, almost aggressive towards the staff. They interact with the kids just fine, but when they encounter an adult, they just...stare."

Yeah, I know what you mean.

He ends the call after that small bit of information and I wondered who on Earth could have spent their own time messing with the robots.

My eyes go wide at the thought- but what if that's the reason they're trying to kill me?

I hear a small "hello" that brings me back to reality before my thoughts get wild.

It's 1 am in no time, and Foxy can't decide for the life and death of him if he wants to be in the hallway or not. Every few minutes, he'll come in and then leave, maybe bring Bonnie, but he always leaves and comes back.

He's bipolar, I'm sure of it.

I hear something in the vent, something in the hallway, and something in another room. I groan. It's going to be horrible tonight.

It's gotten to the point where I have to pull down the mask immediately after I put down the tablet.

Uh oh. I hear Toy Foxy.

She's nowhere near me, so how do I hear her?

A strange high-pitched noise comes from the halls but I ignore it for the sake of my sanity.

At 2, it just gets worse and I realize how difficult these nights are going to be.

After every attack from the animatronics, there seems to be vent noises even from the ones from the hallways.

Bonnie actually comes into one of the vents, but he doesn't get very far. I watch the cameras and sigh into my seat.

Balloon Boy sits at the vent, face peeking out and ultimately frightening me. I pull down the Freddy head, now immune to the god-awful smell.

Toy Foxy appears in the right vent while Foxy is in the hallway and I momentarily panic for a split second before continuing my routine.

If I keep this up, I can survive throughout these nights. I just have to be extremely lucky.

Halfway through the night, Chica towers over me. Then, Bonnie attacks. And after Bonnie is Freddy, and Foxy appears in the hallways.

Where are the fun-loving, shiny Toys?! Why am I stuck with these old scrap bots?

Toy Foxy appears in the vent and I realize how cute she could have been if she wasn't trying to murder me.

The Toys attack, the old robots send attack after attack so I'm practically spending the entire night in the Freddy mask.

The night ends slowly and painfully, but I scurry out of there with a breath of relief.

It's all over tomorrow.

When I get home, I pretend not to hear my mother cry in her room.

She has no sympathy for me, anyway.