Chapter 1

Two babies were laying in a destroyed carriage surrounded by bloody corpses, the boy was wailing uncontrollably while the little girl slept with a peaceful smile on her face. An elderly man, clad in fancy robes that made him look like a mage, appeared in the clearing before adorning a shocked expression.

"This is... monsters did this... what a terrible fate for them." The old man said, kneeling down and praying at one of the dead bodies. "Wahh..." The baby boy cried, pain overcoming his senses because of the injuries on his infant body.

Hearing her brother's cries, the baby girl opened her white, pupil-less eyes and analyzed her surroundings with curiosity swimming within the white irises. 'A... a baby is crying? But I thought I died...' Kasumi thought, slightly moving her chubby baby arms.

'The lack of muscle in my arm is noteworthy. I'd say it's around a baby's amount. The only possible outcomes I can think of is reincarnation or weakening from a failed attempt at suicide. I could have been in a comatose state and my body naturally lost muscle over time, but that wouldn't explain my surroundings; Forestation. There is also the smell of rotting flesh and wild animals, so I believe reincarnation is the most logical answer.' She deduced quickly, living up to the title of 'genius.'

'Now the question is how I reincarnated and why. Are there gods that we haven't discovered? If so, they did a splendid job of hiding from me and my team in my last life.' Snapped out of her trance, Kasumi watched an old man lift her and another baby up and into his arms.

First gazing at the boy, the old man's eyes softened as he used healing magic, lulling the baby into sleep all while getting rid of scrapes and bruises on his skin. Now turning to Kasumi, the old man widened his eyes as he saw her own, white and pupil-less eyes staring back at him.

She reached her hand out and gripped the old man's finger that was on the side of her blanket, bobbing it up and down while giggling childishly. The old man smiled, turning and walking along the dirt path.

"This must be fate."

-Time Skip-

Kasumi collected the animals she had hunted down, exhaling with an accomplished smile. Wiping the sweat away from her brow, Kasumi stared at the two boars and five doves. "I think I may have over hunted a bit..." She muttered, crouching at the corpses. 'Oh well... hopefully Shin didn't catch too many.'

-

"Shin, Kasumi... did you... did you catch all of these by yourself?! There's even three wild boars, as well!!" Melinda exclaimed, sweat rolling down her wrinkled forehead. "Stop doing dangerous things like this all the time!! No 8 year old can kill wild boars like that!!"

"There's two right here." Shin said, pointing at him and Kasumi, who was playing with a yellow flower she had picked when walking back home. "YOU IDIOT!" Melinda exclaimed, fuming. "I'm sorry, Grandma Melinda..." Shin apologized, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

Kasumi looked up, smiling while she approached Melinda and held out the flower, "Here, Grandmother. I picked off all the dead petals for you." Melinda smiled at the indigo-haired girl and grabbed the flower, admiring the plant.

"Thank you, dear Kasumi. Why can't Shin be more like you?" She asked, sighing. 'Uh, well, she killed more animals than Shin/I did.' Everyone but Kasumi and Melinda thought, sweatdropping.

"Haha! I think it's quite good that he's such an energetic boy, Ms. Melinda." Michel said, toned hands resting on his hips. "Uncle Michel..." Shin trailed off, glad that his uncle was standing up for him.

"And this is all because I've been teaching you Martial Arts, isn't it?" Michel asked, facing Shin with a smug smirk on his face. "No, he was using magic. Physique didn't really have a part in the whole process this time..."  Kasumi corrected casually, not noticing Michel's sudden sulking.