Chapter 8

"Hey, do you think Kurt will stop with this now? I don't know why he's acting like this, but he doesn't seem like a guy who gives up easily." Shin said. Maria sighed, feeling fatigued. "Then... what should we do?"

"Ahem. My current analysis of Kurt is that he is a subject of manipulation tactics and someone who believes he was born above everyone else and that he can get anything he wants. We should be most worried about the person who made Kurt think like this. Every way of thinking is caused by an influence. Eliminating all possible influences I could, I assume it was someone outside of the noble faction. It's someone who hasn't been here forever and has outside contact. Someone who could get close to Kurt and his family without them ever knowing. Maybe a teacher, maybe a maid or butler, it could be anyone. I'm most concerned about this mysterious person's intentions. Human experimentation? To corrupt the noble faction from the inside out? The fall of the capital, all starting with a son of a noble with a lot of influence? To cause panic throughout the kingdom if someone figures out what he did? Of course, this is only a guess based on the argument we just had on him. Nothing is set in stone and I don't have access to Kurt's past and present relationships, so I can't go too in depth." I explained effortlessly, purposely ignoring the blank stares I received.

"Uwah~ as expected of Kasumi. Always analyzing and eliminating." Shin laughed. I giggled in a cocky tone, "Of course! I take pride in being able to take a situation in all at once. It's just another reason why I'm called a genius!" We both laughed, pretending to be all cocky.

'What are they even doing?' August and Maria thought, sweatdropping.

I stopped laughing though, turning serious. I exchanged a look with Shin and we nodded. "Jokes aside, want to come to our house?" We asked. Maria and Cecily's eyes widened, knowing that going to Shin and I's house also included meeting Grandmother and Grandfather.

"Your house?!" They exclaimed.

~

Julius, Thor, Maria, and Cecily all stared at our grandparents in shock, not quite believing that they were really in the presence of the Great Guru and Magi. The latter, however, basically ignored them, opting for talking with Shin and I first instead.

"You're both pretty late. I was worried that something might have happened. Tell me, what in the world have you two been doing?" Grandfather asked. "Shin-kun, Kasumi-chan, I was waiting for you two. But I was not worried, I don't think you've done anything wrong." Uncle Dis commented.

"Sorry for making you worry. Something happened that caused some delays." Shin apologized before turning to our group. "Grandpa, Grandma, these two girls are my new classmates. They are Cecily and Maria. They really wanted to meet you."

Said girls startled, not expecting to be put into the spotlight. "N-n-n-nice to meet you! I'm Shin-kun's classmate, my name is Maria von Meshina." Maria stuttered, Cecily following soon after.

While introductions were being made, I decided to go grab my enchanted brush and magic-infused inc. I was, again, going to be the one doing the enchantments as they were, once again, stronger than Shin's.

When I got back to the meeting room, I was met by the sight of Cecily crying loudly with Grandmother hugging her. While all of this was happening, I couldn't help but feel like thin air. I looked at everyone else, just as confused as they were.

I could only assume that Grandmother figured out Cecily's 'impure' intentions. That's what Cecily thought they were, at least.

~

Sitting in front of Cecily's uniform which was folded on top of the table, I got prepped to do the enchantments. "Shin, I believe Kasumi already understands this, but when your sister uses enchantment magic on the uniform, I want you to look at the reaction of the people around you. See for yourself how absurd your guys' magic is and gain some awareness of it." Grandmother instructed.