Chapter 7

(Kasumi's POV)

After the introductory class, Maria called Shin and I outside of the classroom. "Is there a problem?" I asked, concerned as I noticed Cecily's nervous face. "You see... there's a man who has been stalking Cecily around." Maria started.

"Wha-?!" Shin gasped.

Maria continued, "He kept approaching her sometime after we first met with you Shin, Kasumi..." Cecily began fidgeting with her fingers nervously. "Cecily has been turning him down, but... he keeps threatening her, flaunting his family name."

I looked at Shin, noticing his deadly aura. It seems he's really serious about Cecily. Though, they have just met and it's making me question what's got them so in love. But I guess I can't say much about speedy relationships.

"He keeps getting angry because Cecily won't do as he demands. I fear he's going to resort to doing rash things the next time they meet." Maria said, concern laced throughout her face.

I furrowed my eyebrows, a serious look on my face. "And who is this man? Does he go to this school?" I asked. Maria nodded, "He does go to this school, and his name is Kurt von Ritzburg." Shin and I's eyes widened, shock coursing through us.

"Kurt?" I mumbled. Cecily looked down guiltily, something I didn't fail to notice. "I'm sorry, Shin... to have burdened you with my worries like this..."

Shin waved her concerns off, "Don't say that! It's good that you took the time to tell me about this!"

"I'm sorry..." Ah, I see what's going on here. Cecily is feeling guilty because she wants Shin's help, more so than mine... obviously. Just as I was about to say something about this, I was interrupted by Kurt storming down the halls.

"Hey Cecily! You're my fiancee, how dare you speak with another man?!" He yelled, glaring at Shin and I. I didn't hesitate to return it. Cecily startled, almost too scared to turn around and look at the entitled noble.

"Shin, this is Kurt... he's been claiming Cecily as his fiancee on his own accord!" Maria exclaimed and Cecily hid behind Shin while I stepped forward, keeping her out of view.

This didn't stop Kurt from lunging in her direction, trying to reach behind me to get to Cecily, "COME HERE, YOU!" I activated my Byakugan, hitting a pressure point in his arm, making it fall limp. "Please refrain from touching others mindlessly. I believe we already discussed this."

He glared at me once again, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY ARM?! TACTLESS MAGGOT!" He pointed at Cecily with his non-limp arm, who was now shivering in fear as she was revealed when I hit Kurt's arm. "HERE! THIS WOMAN IS BETROTHED TO ME!!! HE HAS NO RIGHT TO BE SPEAKING WITH SOMEONE LIKE YOU!!!"

Shin looked back at Cecily who was backing away in fear. I pitied the girl, there was nothing fun about having a stalker. I had plenty in my past life and they were all incredibly delusional and induced great amounts of paranoia.

"So he said, but what do you think?" Cecily teared up, terrified. Shin placed his hand on Cecily's shoulder in a comforting manner and smiled. "Don't worry. Anything happens, I'll be here to protect you. Just say whatever you think."

Cecily blushed before gathering up all the courage she had, "I... I reject your marriage proposal. HAVING YOU GO AROUND SAYING THAT WE'RE ENGAGED IS ANNOYING!!"

Kurt growled almost like a wild animal, "YOU...! YOU WISH TO GO AGAINST ME?!" Cecily faltered a little but held her ground. "I... I DO! I don't wish to become whatever you have in mind!" While all of this was happening, I was beginning to piece together what's most likely been going on with Kurt.

No one can become this entitled without an influence, and if the magic academy's rules are any hint as to what the whole noble faction is like, then that influence couldn't have been easily accessed unless a rat got inside the secure walls of modesty that the royal family has worked hard to secure.

...This means someone is most likely plotting something and using manipulation to get their way.

I was snapped back to reality as Kurt grabbed Cecily's collar, "ALL YOU WOMEN'S JOBS ARE TO OBEY AND PLEASE YOUR MAN AND I AM HERE OFFERING YOU TO SERVE THE MIGHTY ME! USE YOUR HEAD, WHORE!"

It was at this point I decided it was okay to snap. With my Byakugan still activated, I took Kurt's arm and made this one fall limp to his side as well. "EXCUSE YOU?! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'RE SO SPECIAL?! YOU'RE RIDING ON YOUR FATHER'S EFFORTS AND HARD WORK AND YOU THINK THAT MAKES YOU ABOVE US?! WHAT HAVE YOU ACHIEVED IN YOUR LIFE OTHER THAN BEING A COMPLETE DICK TO OTHERS?! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO USE HIS HEAD, YOUR WAY OF THINKING IS COMPLETELY FLAWED. I PITY YOU, REALLY! NO ONE WANTS TO LIVE IN YOUR TWISTED VERSION OF REALITY!" I yelled, glaring at him wholeheartedly, evil intent flowing out of me as anger took over my actions.

Once I vented, I released his collar and turned off my Byakugan. "So, that's how it is." I fake coughed into my fist. Kurt stared dumbfounded at me, about to mumble a string of curses at me before he smiled evilly, looking towards Cecily. "Hahaha! Are you sure you all want to act like that? Cecily, your father is the commissioner of the financial affairs board, isn't he? Well, my father is the vice president of it! Heheh... do you know what will happen if I tell my father about this?" He chuckled.

"Uh, he'll punch you in the face and ground you for a really long time?" I guessed, crossing my arms. He seemed to ignore me though, and only snapped his head towards the direction in which August had interrupted Kurt.

"I think that's enough. Kurt von Ritzburg. Do you not remember what I've said to you before?" August glared at Kurt, walking towards the dickhead. "P-Prince August..." Kurt stuttered, sweat rolling down his forehead. "What you plan on doing is something unfit to be done by this country's nobles."

Kurt backed away a little, intimidated. August continued, "If I tell my father about this and relay it to the financial affairs' director, he might take some preemptive measures."

Kurt was then chased away with his tail between his legs.

"Thanks Gus, I almost snapped there." Shin thanked, a little stunned by situation. "Thank you very much, your highness...!" Cecily thanked as well, relieved that everything was over with.

August chuckled, "I've been watching to see what action you will take. But I decided to intervene as the conversation seemed like it would take a strange direction." August put his hand to his chin and smiled smugly, "I wanted to see how you'd snap at him, though."

Shin was about to punch August but was interrupted. "Blood... I want Kurt's blood on my hands... WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?! SHIN, HOLD ME BACK BEFORE I TRACK HIM DOWN AND KILL HIM!" I ordered and Shin nodded and let out a 'right' before hooking my arms with his.

My Byakugan automatically activated according to my bloodlust and I clawed at air, pulling Shin along slowly as he tried to hold his ground. "COWARD!!!!!!!!!!! COME AND FACE ME LIKE A MAN, DAMN IT! I'LL KILL YOU!!!" I yelled. "Uhh... can I get some back up? Please...?" Shin pleaded, being dragged behind me.

The three others in our group nodded and held onto Shin, pulling back as I resisted. "REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Shin released one of my arms to spray some holy water he got from out of nowhere on me, "PLEASE, DEMON! RELEASE MY SISTER!" I paused, turning towards Shin with my glare still ready to go.

"DID YOU JUST TRY TO EXORCISE ME?!" I yelled and everyone fell backwards, caught off guard by my shout. "I'm sorry!" He yelled, shielding his face. August got up quickly and grabbed my shoulder, smiling as best he could. "Maybe you should calm down...? I'll deal with Kurt later." He promised. I glared at him a little before deactivating my Byakugan and easing my expressions, letting out a deep sigh.

"You're right, being mad won't solve anything right now." August nodded.

And that's how our first day at school ended...