CHAPTER-15 STARING MATCH

The breakfast around the table was awkward, Kiyansh was stiff and closed off and eating carrot cheese cake off my plate like he was taking his anger off my plate. I stuffed my mouth with methi cheese paranthe, and French toast with mouthful of peanut butter and ignored the fact that everyone kept glancing between me and Kiyansh, as if to ask, what is up with you two?

Kiyansh parks his Range Rover and my dad gets excitedly out of the car. I take a bite of carrot cake wrapped in the paper and put it in my bag for later. Kiyansh gets out and opens the car door for me. I roll my eyes and say "I can open it for myself."

He shakes his head and passes the key to the guard. A man in a hefty charcoal coloured suit with blue tie comes towards us, he looks considerably young with his short hair and kind of adorable face like a kid. "Hello Sir, Hello Mam, I am Ashish, the manager of the stadium." He looks at me and smiles, it's an innocent and excited kind of smile, I smile back.

Kiyansh stiffens beside me and glares at the man so hard that he takes a step back. The man pales and stammers, "F..Follow me sir, mam." This time he says all this to my dad who is literally bouncing up and down on his feet. My father nods excitedly and goes beside the manager, making the manager somewhat relieved.

"Why are you scaring people away?" I whisper yell at Kiyansh while we walk towards the VIP box. He totally ignores me and keeps walking as if he's here to parade I am the most prudent man here.

I huff annoyingly and decide to ignore him too. I am not going to entertain him if he is going to behave like a jerk.

I hear the people before entering the VIP box and to my suspicion the stadium is filled with cricket fans. The blue colour of the Indian jersey shining more than the yellow jersey of Australia, which was natural, since India was hosting the match, my dad picks up the same jersey which thousands of cricket fans wore, from a table full of them, and downs one himself.

He turns and points to himself grinning, "How is it?" he asks like a capacious devoted fan he was. "Look at the name, I am wearing Vikrant's name jersey, the one you introduced to your IPL team last year." My father glees pointing towards Kiyansh smugly, "Because of you the Indian team found such an awesome all rounder. I am sure we are going to bugger off the Aussie's with their tales between their legs today."

"Dad" I shriek, "Language!"

"What language, everything is fair in love and war."

"Yeah but it's not a war."

"It is." Kiyansh's deep voice interrupts. "There are lots of wars in the world you don't know about."

My dad flicks his hand as if to say, see that's what I am saying. I narrow my eyes at Kiyansh, my dad doesn't have any idea what Kiyansh is talking about.

"That's why your IPL team lost in finals, for two consecutive years?" I say sarcastically and blink innocently.

Apparently Kiyansh brown gold eyes turn dark and he irritatingly moves his hand through his vegas brown hair, which looks hot and it irritates me more. "That's because...." His eyes glide behind me and his eyes turn rock.

I turn to find the source and find Ayan smiling at me from the entrance door, with four people in tow. One is the actress he mentioned earlier. I try to remember her name, ahhh yes, Kritika. And other three people, all men, which must be Ayan's friends.

I smile and wave at them.

Ayan starts to move and makes his way towards us, his friends following him in tow.

"Hello, Hello." He whistles and he smiles from his Michael-Angelo angle.

I laugh and shake my head at him. "Dad," I turn towards my dad who is eyeing Ayan curiously, "this is Ayan. Ayan this is my Dad. "