Chapter 55 - Incongruous Emotions

I get out the trailer and see Arundhati and Kartik turn towards me.I am not sure if they got the message or not so I wait for a minute before saying anything, my phone still held near my ear bursting in silence like my heart.

" I have to check on with the shot again what time is it? " I say casually, praying in a litany. Check your phone. Check your phone. Tell them to not follow me.

"Yeah sure. " Arundhati quips and takes out her phone. I see the change in her expression instantly, she stills for a second and then looks up at me with deep dark speculative eyes.

"Get out from there. You don't have time."
The voice comes in a smooth rush of warning from the phone.

Apparently the man doesn't know that Arundhati and Kartik don't leave my side on Kiyansh's orders. He thinks that I am in control of the schedule.

I try to turn my voice stiff and hard as one would if giving someone orders. " I have to go to Nordbahnhof station for some personal work. You can leave me alone for some time, hand me the car keys. "

Kartik freezes and looks at me as if he is seeing someone else, the hurt clear on his face. Then in a second all of the emotions are wiped off his face. And he says professionally, " Mam it's.." Before he can say anything else Arundhati, cuts him off by holding out the car keys in front of me.

I look into her eyes and speechless message pass between us. But there's also a hint of concern in her eyes and I know it's for me, before it's turned into determination and she gives me a brief nod.

I hold my breath and remember there are people watching us here. I chance a look at them and see Kartik looking confusingly towards Arundhati who is looking at me and trying to bite her tongue.

My heart is a hammer in my chest, and then it turns into knots following it to my skull. Kiyansh got the message. He knows.

I ignore the rush of thoughts that barge in from head to toe. My feet are cold when I drag myself to the parking lot, the phone still clutched in my hands.
" Good. " The man says, "Now get in the car and do as I say, drive towards Moabit. "

I set the location to Moabit and start the car putting the phone on the speaker my heart hammering in a continuous leap. I drive through the autumn lanes, people casually strolling around, young couples, families, friends, my heart contracting when I think about how Prisha and I were planning to travel around. And now because of me, she is....I shake my head, not letting the thought evade me. " Where is she?" I try to ask in a nonchalant voice but it comes out as broken.

"Darling. Don't worry you will be with her soon. You both can hug it out then."

I control my breathing and drive as fast as I can ignoring the deep gut of premonition rolling around in my stomach. " There's a black car near the 48 Motzstraße. DAH VS 8 l, leave your car, and throw your phone in the garbage pail. You will find a new phone in the car's box. The only number, call it. The GPS is fixed already, follow it. "

My blood runs cold, panic bursting in my solar plexus. What am I gonna do? The GPS. Shit. Shit. Shit. How are they gonna know the location now?

" Get. Out. " The voice is smooth and unattainable.

I close my eyes for a second and grab the pendant under my t-shirt, moving my hands on it. His glittering golden brown eyes comes shining into my mind, his stubborn soft lips as if through a dream touching me again, his dimples rarely popping on his smooth cheeks, his hands offering the plate of pasta to my mother. His whisper in my ear, I love you. My hands clutched in his. Him looking at me worriedly and telling me, "I don't think I can handle if you're not safe.." And even then he is letting me go because I asked him to, a drop of tear falls on my face. I am sorry.