CHAPTER- 27 ANGRY DINNER & HOGWARTS

We are sitting at a very awkward dinner. Everyone is angry with everyone, actually not everyone, but it feels like because the two people who never fight or not talk to each other are not talking to each other. To simplify, Kiyansh's mom is still angry with my mom. And mom has failed to even get her best friend to talk to her.

Kiyansh's mom turns to us across the table, "So when you two are actually planning to have the wedding."

Kiyansh's hand fall on my lap, and I inhale sharply. His eyes meet mine, and he gives me an expression that says 'believe me' with a little bit of smile. My mother watches the exchange with owl eyes, I guess everyone is, because I see my dad fidgeting in his chair from the corner of my vision.

Kiyansh turns to everyone, "We haven't decided the date yet, but this month." The fork in my hand almost drops, I look at Kiyansh with wide eyes, he turns to me and takes the fork from my hand which I was unknowingly gripping tightly. His other hand squeezes my lap and I almost jump out of my chair.

My mom clears her throat, "Weddings are not joke, we need some time."

"No." That's all my mom gets from Kiyansh.

"But Kiyansh, we do need some time, at least give us a month, we need to prepare so much." Kiyansh's mom says hurriedly her eyes habitually meeting my mom's across the table. I see the glint of hope in my mother's caramel eyes, but it goes as soon as Kiyansh's mom turns her head in other direction.

Kiyansh turns to his mother and gives her that determined stare. "My assistant manager's sister is a wedding planner, she will look at all the arrangements, you guys don't need to do anything."

I look at my dad who hasn't said a word, his eyes turn to me at the same time, a sad smile taking over his face.

I put a hand over Kiyansh's on my lap, and his brown gold eyes turn to me.

With a defeated sigh, he says, "Okay, but next month."

I turn to my dad and his face lightens with a real light smile instantly. I smile back at him and Kiyansh's dad winks at me from beside his wife.

Kiyansh's mom claps her hand excitedly, "We are going to have the best wedding ever. My children are getting married. I have seen you two together since childhood and now I am getting to see you to get married." She squeals.

"Mom" Kiyansh says very carefully, she doesn't like a lot of people, so unnecessary guests are a big no."

"And I want simple things." The only line which I have managed since dinner and I could not even utter 'wedding' instead of 'things.'

"Also she has a movie to be released so only involve her in important things."

I smile at Kiyansh and we all delve into dinner, especially when Tanya Tai and Ashraf Kaka brings freshly made Chocó lava cake from the kitchen.

****

We are just about to leave when Kiyansh's dad calls my name at the parking lot. I turn and close the passenger door I was holding.

"Come on" he waves at me.

I look at Kiyansh and nod at him and moving over to his dad.

He winks at Kiyansh and his wife and takes my arm steering us towards the front garden. "I wanted to talk with you before leaving."

A nervous sizzle patters in my stomach. "Yes?"

"I saw what you did there inside when Kiyansh said that he wanted to get married this month."

My heart rushes to my throat, I don't say anything waiting for the blow.

"I am glad." He says.

"What?" I ask him in a brittle voice, my eyes blinking.

He laughs at me, his gray eyes luminescent. "My son is stubborn. He doesn't listen to a lot of people and everybody agrees with him. And that scares me." Kiyansh's dad eyes become all serious and soft when he says, "we all need someone that challenge us, someone who tells us when we are wrong and is honest with us. Someone we could rely on when we don't think we can rely on anyone." He sighs and pats my head, "I thought my son would never get that when I saw you both deflecting with each other. I am so glad that you two didn't give up on each other. And I didn't know if my son has ever told you, but he loves you."

My heart stops.

Kiyansh's dad smiles wisely at me, "And I trust you with him."

My throat becomes so tight, that if feels like I am pushing the word through my respiratory epithelium "Thank you."

He chuckles and steers us toward the parking lot, "We shall get going, shouldn't we my official daughter now," he winks at me, "and I am getting my partner in officially convincing my wife to turn our house into Hogwarts now."

I laugh, "That you have been trying for years."

"Now we'll do it together." He grins at me.

"Okay done." I whisper to him conspirationally.

****

We said bye to Kiyansh's parents and get inside Kiyansh's car.

"So what did papa say to you?" Kiyansh asks and starts the car.

My heart does grrr like the engine of the car and starts beating thump thump against my chest.

He said you love me. Do you?

"So?" Kiyansh asks.

I turn my head and look at the streaks of brown hair turned gold in the streetlights. The curve of his jaw, how much I have seen the jaw shape over the years, and how I always think they change their shape every day. "He just said he's glad that you sot someone to hassle your head, and that he has now got a partner in the house to convince your mom that we need to turn the house into a Hogwarts castle.

I see that jaw turn into a smile, and I know that with everything in me that I love him. And that's enough.