𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓: 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

I've been recently discharged from the hospital. I can't stop thinking about that night. I especially remember the pain. Even though I am doing better, my body feels different. It feels like it has changed drastically somehow. I keep having these weird dreams where I see some sort of figure looming behind me and when I wake up I feel as if it's still there. Sometimes it's terrifying yet oddly comforting. I'm honestly just trying to find the bright side here. Maybe it's some sort of good omen? I have no idea.

      Whatever, I'm probably still in shock. Ugh, damnit! I can't stop thinking about Narancia! It's like he's engraved in my mind more than ever. It was terrifying to see him that way. Someone that I've trusted; someone that I care about. The way he looked at me, I can't explain it. It's like he was longing for something. He's done some pretty bad things but nothing bad enough to involve the police like that. I have a feeling that he didn't do anything wrong. I'm not just saying this considering my- (oh god what am I thinking) possible feelings towards him. I don't know anymore. All I know is that I should listen to my gut this time. I think Narancia was somehow framed. He had to be...

  *I sat up out of bed realizing that I have been staring at the wall this whole time.* I have no idea what came over me, I just know I have to do something now. *I grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil from my desk.* *I quietly got out of my bed and climbed out of the window.*

*Once I got down I got a sudden flashback from a distant memory.*

  "[Y/N]!!", called Narancia as he put his hand on your shoulder. He lets out the biggest smile while he holds some money that he says, "I know how much you loved gelato so I have pocket money saved up so we can get some on our way home." "Wait you didn't steal that money did you?", you lift one eyebrow as you question him. "No [Y/N], I'm being honest I swear!", Narancia was pleased with his answer and gave you a big hug.

*End of flashback*

       I have to help Narancia even though I know how wreckless this is...*I thought as I walked through the cold city of Naples* Italy is a beautiful place but at night there can be a whole different feeling to it. Mostly everyone is asleep, you can tell by the lights in the houses along the street. *The night's cold breeze flowed through my hair as I observed the surroundings and quietly crept through the city.* I've been walking for about a mile now and I'm almost at the police station. I know there is probably some form of security so I have to be careful in trying to find him. I want to get through that fence without being detected so badly. I just need to let him know that someone cares about him! Out of nowhere, I realized I was on the other side of the fence. What the hell just happened?!? I was just on the other side... I suddenly notice there is an arm behind mine and it's moving at the exact same time of my own arm. Holy shit I'm being stalked. How did I not notice this creep behind me?? You turn around to find nothing is there. "Get your head in the game, this is no time to be paranoid.", you said in an aggressive whisper.

   I had to continue going... I circled the back of the building and saw no entrance. I wonder where his jail cell is. It looks like there's no way to get in from here. I heard something just now. It almost sounds like crying; I wonder if there is a puppy around here. Wait, is someone yelling? How come I can't see them considering they sound so close. *I slumped down on the back of the building trying to come up with a plan.* I felt cold air on my back. I think I found an opening! This is where that sound was coming from. *I look down as I realize there is something or someone in there.* There's a shadow that emerged from it.*My heart skipped a beat but I wasn't scared.*

      I couldn't believe it. It was Narancia! It was a bit hard to recognize him but I was able to realize it was him by his voice. He seemed really stressed and it looked like he was the one crying. He won't be able to see me because it's dark but also his eye looks infected. I thought to myself that I shouldn't reveal who I am just yet. However, I do want to stay in contact with him so I took out my piece of paper and pencil. 

(This is what I wrote on the note.)

     Narancia, I hate to see you like this. I care for you so much and I miss you. You have been so sweet to me and have helped me once before. You made me feel happier than ever. I want to return the favor so I need to tell you something. I'm not expecting you to feel the same way but I really like you, and I always have. Just in case you don't understand I'll tell you one more time. I like like you. I know this is kind of the wrong time so I'm just going to wait until you're let out to reveal who I am.  I hope this won't make it awkward. I just want to see you smile as you once did before. I think it's best for now that I communicate with you this way. 

I will try to come to visit you as much as I can.

From: Your secret admirer 

*I slid the note through his slot for a window and ran away.*

      I was too worried about Narancia I forgot about my parents. I need to get home right away but I'm in no condition to make it back fast enough.  Ugh, my side hurts so bad... I wish I didn't have to walk this far. *I groaned as I wobbly stepped forward.* *I closed my eyes for a second wishing I was at home.* *As I open my eyes and it feels like I ran a marathon but I left my stomach behind.* I'm not even tired. What is this feeling? I try to take one more step but I realize I'm not in the same place anymore. Oh my god, what's happening to me? Am I hallucinating?!? *My feet started to lift off the ground* I saw that same shadow behind me again, but this time I'm not scared anymore. "Go away!", I screamed as loud as I could. *I heard shuffling coming towards me* My parents ran in my room. "What's wrong?!?", yelled my mom. My dad had a bat in his hand. 

I-I'm at home? This can't be... I don't remember walking back. 

  My mom sits me down on my bed, "You must have had a bad nightmare." I- (I had no words to respond with.) My dad calmly said, "Everything is fine, just try to get some rest." "Don't worry, we're here [Y/N]", replied my mom.

They closed the door and left.

What the hell just happened?

     I know this sounds cheesy but it almost looks like I teleported. "Haha, as if I had powers!", I reassured myself. Damn, I did lose a lot of blood from a while ago, I probably was hallucinating. I must have forgotten the walk back home. That is so dumb, wow I really do need to get some sleep. *I lightly sighed.*

*I whispered quietly-*

Goodnight Narancia, sweet dreams...