Chapter 2: Hydra's Attack

July 4th, 1952; Carter's Residence

Peggy and Jocey invited Owen and his family to celebrate the Fourth of July. They had dinner, chatted for a while, and watched The Fourth of July Special Event on TV.

While the adults were talking and watching the event, Jocey and Owen were outside, playing tag. It was a little unfair though since Jocey had enhanced speed. She could catch up to Owen and tag him or outrun him when he's it. Next, they played 20 questions, truth or dare, and would you rather. Then, Jocey teaching some choreography to Owen from her dance class, and sang in front of him.

(Pretend that an six year old girl is singing this. Not a grown woman.)

"You know over the years you're getting really good, Jocey. I wish you can join a choir or singing group," Owen said, smiling.

"I'm too nervous and I'm not ready yet, Owen," Jocey replied.

"So are you excited to learn about World War II next school year?" asked Owen.

"Yes even though I don't like hearing about violent, dark, depressing stories of history. I was interested on World War II though. I want to know what happens next," Jocey explained.

"Did you know that one of the most famous heroes is going be in World War II?" he asked.

"Who's that?" she asked.

"Captain America."

"Who's Captain America?"

"Are you kidding, he was a skinny kid who turned into a super soldier and basically defeated all of Hydra, which are the bad guys," Owen said in disbelief.

"Sorry, but I never heard him," Jocey said.

"Well it's a good thing we're studying him next year," Owen replied.

Finally, they went outside and watched some fireworks before Owen's family had to go home.

It was around nine o'clock when Peggy told Jocey to go to bed, so Jocey got ready and went into bed.

Then, Peggy came into her room. "So, did you have fun today with Owen?" asked Peggy, smiling.

"Yes, and I learned that next year we're going to learn about World War II and some hero called Captain America I think."

Peggy froze and her smile dropped. Jocey saw a sad look in her mother's eyes as if she was thinking someone who died.

"Jocelyn," Peggy whispered. Jocelyn tensed; whenever her mom called her by real name and not her nickname, she knew something was serious. "I think it's time I tell you who your father is."

Ever since Jocelyn learned about fathers by looking at other kids with their fathers when she was two, she always wondered if she had a father. Peggy though promised her that she will tell her about her father when she's old enough.

Peggy left Jocey's room and later returned with a picture of a skinny blonde kid.

"This is your father before he got the super soldier serum. His name is Steve Rogers, and I loved him very much. He was brave, kind, and would've loved you very much. He got injected with the super soldier serum that gave him peak human abilities. You have the super soldier serum in your blood too. He then became Captain America, the hero you heard about in World War II," Peggy said.