Chapter 10: Freedom in the Sokovia Streets

The Avengers were in the quinjet, heading towards their headquarters after they finally captured the last Hydra base and scepter. Tony was piloting the quinjet, Clint resting on the medical table, his wounds tended by Steve while Thor watched at his side, and Nat going to where Bruce was sitting, who listened to opera music to calm himself. Nat taps on Bruce's shoulder and he takes off his headphones.

"Hey," she said. "The lullaby worked better than ever."

"Just wasn't expecting a code green," Bruce answered back.

"If you hadn't been there, there would've been double the casualties. My best friend would've been a treasured memory."

"You know, sometimes what I want to hear isn't exactly what I want to hear."

"How long before you can trust me?"

"It's not you I don't trust."

"Thor," Nat called out. "Report on the Hulk?"

"The gates of Hell are filled with the screams of his victims," Thor claimed proudly, raising his fist.

Nat shot him an angry look while Bruce groaned in misery, putting his hands on his face.

"Uh, no not the screams of the dead, of course," Thor stuttered. "No, no uh... wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids, and uh... gout."

Bruce was still unsettled after Thor's second attempt on telling of Hulk's actions, and Nat rolling her eyes. Steve though smirked at Thor's comment, trying not to laugh.

"Hey Banner," Tony changed the conversation. "Dr. Cho's in her way in from Seoul. Is it okay if she sets up your lab?"

"Uh yeah, she knows her way around," Bruce obliged.

"Thanks. Tell her to prep everything. Barton's going to need full treatment," Tony said to J.A.R.V.I.S.

"Very good, sir," J.A.R.V.I.S. obeyed.

"J.A.R.V.I.S, take the wheel."

"Yes, sir. Approach vector is locked."

"It feels good, yeah?" Tony said to Steve and Thor, looking at the scepter. "I mean, you've been after this since S.H.I.E.L.D. collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..."

"No, but this... this brings it to a close," Thor responded.

"As soon as we find out what this has been used for, I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" Steve asked.

"Banner and I'll give it once before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Tony asked Thor.

Thor nodded back.

"I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying, right?"

"Yes, yes of course. A victory should be honored with revels.

"Yeah, who doesn't love revels? Captain?"

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and Hydra, so yes, revels," Steve answered.

A couple of minutes later with the team just hanging around in the quinjet, Tony walked up to Steve to talk to him quietly.

"I think I saw your daughter during the infiltration of the base," Tony whispered in Steve's ear.

Steve's attention perked up, surprised at the news. "Are you sure?" he asked in concern.

"I'm like 99% sure it was her. She looked very similar to the picture you showed me, but around the age of 11 or 12, maybe even 13, I don't know. Same light brown hair, blue eyes, and facial features."