Chapter 11: Meeting and Teaming Up With Ultron

May 1st, 2015

Jocey, Wanda, and Pietro woke up early in the morning and went out of the apartment, continuing to walk through the streets.

A lot of people were chatty this morning, muttering about seeing a metal man that looked similar to Iron Man.

All three of them looked at each other, wondering what happened last night or early this morning. They then saw the boy Jocey healed last night wandering around the streets, talking to some people.

The trio walked to where the boy was and asked about the metal man.

"Извините," Wanda said in Russian, kneeling to the boy's level. "Вы сказали, что где-то здесь был металлический человек. Можете ли вы сказать мне, где это?"

"металлический человек находится в пустой церкви," the boy replied, pointing to where the empty church was.

Pietro thanked him back.

They started heading towards their destination with anxiety kicking in them.

Pietro stopped and grabbed both girls' hands. "Are you sure you want to do this? What if it's a trap? The Avengers are gonna be looking for us and they might capture us."

Wanda pulled her arm out of Pietro's grip. "The people and the boy just said they only saw the metal man which looked like Stark. It's only one. We can take it down with our powers."

"I still have a bad feeling about this," Pietro responded.

"Well it doesn't sound like it's Iron Man or the Avengers because the people said that the machine was only flying and wandering around Sokovia, not saying anything," Jocey said.

They finally hopped over the fence that blocked the empty, broken down church, which was also destroyed by the motor shells.

It was dark, dusty, and messy in the church; pieces of the building on the floor. There were a few candle lights in the corner that had been put there recently. In the center of the church was a platform which had a chair on it, and a person sitting on the chair, but it was hidden because there was a towel on it and was faced away from the trio.

Wanda walked up to the person first, confused on why she couldn't read his or her mind while Pietro and Jocey stayed back.

"Talk and if you're wasting our time..."

"Did you know this church is in the exact center of this city?" a low robotic voice interrupted Wanda. "The elders decreed it so that everyone could be equally close to God. I like that. The geometry of belief."

There a moment of silence before the voice spoke again. "You're wondering why you can't look inside my head."

"Sometimes it's hard, but sooner or later every man shows himself."

The person stood up from the chair, the towel falling off of him. No, it wasn't a man. It looked like a cross between Iron Man, a terminator, and a transformer robot to Jocey. It was about eight feet tall with metal armor and red eyes.

"Oh, I'm sure they do, but you needed something more than a man. That's why you let Stark take the scepter," the robot said.