Chapter 14: Finding Out Ultron's Plan

During lunch, Jocey sat between Steve and Lila, Clint's daughter. She was quiet the whole entire time and kept her eyes down most of the time; only glancing up a few times. She also didn't eat that much because her unit bias was different than everyone. She was still used to having light meals that she got during her captivity with Hydra and sometimes she didn't have food at all, starving for a few days. Steve asked her to eat more, but she said she was full and gave the rest of her food to Lila and Cooper.

Although Jocey accepted Steve as her father, she still didn't quite forgive him or any of the Avengers for causing destruction to Sokovia or anywhere else. In addition, she felt very lonely, shy, and awkward around Clint's family and the team when eating. She was always an introvert; she liked to be by herself a lot and feels even more lonely if more people are with her.

She wished she could be back with the Maximoff twins and even Ultron. She felt they were her real family and she belonged with with them.

After lunch ended, Jocey begged Steve to take off the bracelets.

"Jocey, no," he said. "You might get out of control and hurt someone or destroy Barton's house. And every time you use your powers, your body will get weak. I won't let that happen."

"Dad, please. I promise I won't use them," she replied, giving him the puppy eyes. "I feel like a prisoner with these on. I won't escape, I won't cause anyone pain, and I can control them. Just please get them off."

He thought about it for a few seconds and sighed, "Fine. I'll take them off, but if you even think about siphoning, I'll put them back on. Deal?"

"Deal."

Steve took them off and cupped her face, and lifted her gaze to meet his. He looked into her eyes that matched his. "Remember, no siphoning."

"I won't." She reached on her tippy toes and kissed his cheek.

When Jocey walked away from Steve, she honestly had no idea what to do to pass the time. She definitely didn't want to talk to anyone because she was afraid she might be a burden or something horrible might happen if she interacts with anyone. She decided to just sit on the couch, away from everyone, and just daydream or sing a song quietly to herself.

She was singing Dancing On My Own by Robyn when Clint and Laura entered the living room.

She immediately stopped singing and looked down at the floor. Jocey loved singing, but she hated singing in front of people. She sometimes, on rare occasions would sing in front of her mom or Owen when she was younger.

Clint sat next to Jocey while Laura stood up.

"You don't have to stop singing," Clint said. "Please, continue. Your voice is pretty."

"I can't perform in front of people," Jocey replied, still looking at the floor.

"Stage fright," Laura claimed. "I get it."

"I talked with your father and Laura and I think you should play with our kids," Clint suggested.

"I shouldn't," Jocey said. "I'm not a fun person to be around."