Chapter 2

The sea of Bright's thoughts drowns the sound of engine and the crowd with him on the bus. It's been years since they last saw each other, which was not exactly the best part of the relationship. Words cut deeper than a knife, and it still plays in his heart and mind like a broken record.

"Bright, how did we end up this way? Neither you nor I is happy anymore. I think it's best to just part ways."

"Is there really no other way Win?" The younger returns his plea with silence. He just watches as Bright turns his back to walk away, away from the life's that was the only thing he ever wanted.

Bright got out of the bus, trying to just pretend nothing ever happened. He enters the agency to come meet his manager.

"Bright, why are you here?" the manager's assistant inquires.

"Ohm, is Fluke here? I need to talk to him right now."

"Yes, he is in his office. Is there anything you would like? Coffee?"

"Just privacy, Ohm. Thank you."

Ohm steps back and returns to his desk.

The small guy in the swivel chair stands up in shock. "What are you doing here? I told you not to step out of your unit or even open your accounts! Why are you being so hardheaded?"

"Fluke, my best friend died! Should I just turn a blind eye to it like I did to Earth? For fuck's sake, I don't want to go through that again. I had enough already. Please let me see him, I am begging you." Bright says with eyes tearing up.

"Bright, I know you're hurt. But I can't let you be shaken up again. You've just rebuilt your career. Please reconsider your decision."

Bright kneels down, crying even harder. "Please Fluke. Just this once, let me decide for myself. I am done running away."

Now Bright's confused on the reason why he's down on his knees, was it still his friend or the guy who had just pretended not to know him?

Fluke lifts his chin to meet his eyes, "Alright, I give up. But can you wait until tomorrow? I will just fix things for you to come meet him. Wait for my go signal please. Or else I won't allow you."

Bright nods in reply and tries to calm himself, putting on a straight face. "Thank you Fluke. I will be heading home. Don't call me, just send me a message."

He steps out of the office and then rides the bus again.

Arriving at his home, Bright sits down on the sofa and thinks of his Win.

Win fulfilled his dream, the same way he did his own. What if they were still together, would they have the same lives like now? He looks back to how things were before.

Flashback

"What would you like to be when we graduate?" Win asks his boyfriend while lying on his lap.

"I want to become a famous actor and model in Thailand."

"But what about me then? If you become famous, too many people will love you and try to catch your attention. You know how I easily get jealous right? I would die just by the thought of it."

"Stop pouting like a little kid Win. Although there will be lot of people who will love me or try to catch my attention, what matters most is that you are the one I love and I wouldn't look for anyone else. How about you? What is your dream, except being my wife?"

"You're crazy! I still want to be a police officer."

"With all honesty, I wouldn't like you being a police officer. It's too dangerous, I don't want you getting hurt. I am possessive of you."

"Awww, should I cry? I am a man too. I can protect myself. Also, if you become famous, you would need someone like me to protect you."

Bright hugs Win tighter, not wanting to let him go. Win can't stop giggling at how cute Bright was acting.

Dreaming with the one you love is something anyone would want to do. But it was the fulfilling part that's yet to come.

And little did they know it may have been the biggest mistake of their lives.

The trip down to memory lane ends up in silent crying, so tormenting that makes Bright think he's just living dead. And just like any other day, he drinks and cries himself to sleep hoping that the next day, things will be different.