~CHAPTER SEVENTEEN~

"Yuki! Come down stairs now!" Yuki heard his dad holler from the sitting room, he had been up studying for his last examination paper for the term. He placed his pen on his Physics textbook before closing it.
"Oooh!" he grumbled, he hated being distracted while reading especially technical subject like physics.
"Will you run here and stop walking sluggishly" Mr Osayande scowled as he sighted him walking down the stairs. "Listen to me. How many times have I warned you not to read my text messages without my permission?"
"I didn't read any message. By the way, I am having exams__ I have no business with your phone when I have mine. "
"Then, how did you know that I am in a relationship?" Mr Osayande said, he sat on the couch and crossed his leg.
"I heard you talking on the phone with Miss Adenike." he confessed.
"Ehn! So you know it's Miss Adenike?"
"Why won't I know. I know she is the woman you love. You know very well it will work as far I am in this house" he with sarcasm
"What do you mean?__ Marriage is not your business son, your school work is your business. I know Nike very well, she won't maltreat you people. She is nice, she always asks of you people, Ekina likes her. I don't know why the rest of you don't like her. Is it because she is a Yoruba woman huh?"
"No. We don't like her because she is a pretender. I hear the way she speaks of Nora. She talks as if Nora is a bad sister as if she is a spoil brat. Does she know the sacrifices Nora has made for the family? She is a selfish woman. She only comes to talk to you when she comes visiting, she doesn't talk to us." he lamented.
"Son, are you saying she is not friendly?"
Yuki did not respond.
"Your marriage is in five months right? "Yuki asked.
"Is that why you told Mr Adekoya. Your friends father?" he said.
"I didn't tell him. Dami found out I was sad in school yesterday, so she asked me what was going on. " he leaned against the wall near the TV.
"So you told her and she told her father is that it?"
"I told her because I taught she could help me just as you need help dad."
"No___ I don't need help at all. See you don't understand how it feels for a man to be without a woman for two years. I love your mother but__now she's gone which I never wanted to happen. She will be happy if I move on__ I can't be like this forever." he stood up from the couch, he walked to Yuki placing his strong hands firmly on Yuki's shoulders." Try to change your perception about Nike, she is a very nice person, she is only just business like . Don't worry you get to understand her." Mr Osayande explained .
Yuki scratched his lowcut hair and sighed.
"I just wish I could" he said and walked away. He got to his room and took his phone from where he had been charging it and he dialled Nora's number.
"Hey!"Nora squealed in delight over the phone.
"How are you?"
"I am good. You?"
"Not at all." he sobbed.
"Are you okay? Is everything alright?"
"Dad's wedding is in five months."
"Wedding? With who?"
"The lady we hate."
"Ha!___ Miss Nike?"
"Who were you expecting?"
"Yuki this is bad news"
"I know, but are you not going to do something about it. We can't let it happen. Dad has made up his mind already."
"Yuki I got this, don't cry. I will come up with a plan. I promise, don't let it bother you okay?"
"Hmm"
"Are you done with your exams?"
"I am having my last paper tomorrow. Physics"
"Good. I know you go scatter that subject. How prepared are you?"
"Very well prepared. You are still speaking pidgin abroad."
"Why not, I am still an african babe. Yuki I got to go now, my lecturer just entered the class now."
"oh yeah! Difference in time. The sun is sleeping here in Nigeria."
"Yuki don't forget to pray o! If two shall agree on anything it will come to pass."
"I will. Be praying for me too. Bye I am missing you."
"I love you. Bye"
As soon as the line went off , he sat up straight at his study table and flipped open his physics note and started revising from where he stopped.