~CHAPTER TWENTY🌷THREE~

Nora remember dad's wedding is in a week time. When are you coming back home to spend this Christmas holiday with us? You know you didn't spend last hols with us, it's not fair. We are greatly missing you.
                            Yuki

     I read the text aloud to myself, clenching and unclenching my fist as I placed them in the table. Christmas holiday was just in few weeks, I can't wait. This time around, I am going back to my home to stop the unstoppable. Actually, only God can do that. I've prayed, fasted and done all I could do within my capacity. I can't fight any longer, I won't deceive myself. Yuki us just notifying me, thinking I can do something– but the truth is, I can't. I leave the rest to God.
“Your Dad is remarrying?”  Kayla said as she opened the door toilet door and walked out of the toilet with the swishy sound of her wet flip-flop and also with her body and dripping wet hair, wrapped in her favorite pink towel.
     Oops! She heard me read the message.
“Yeah” I muttered bleakly.
“You ain't happy about it?” The scent of tropical fruit filled the room, fully  aware now that she just had a body spa.
“Hmm___ yes, but there is nothing, I can do.” I stood up from the dressing table stool where I sat all the while. Picking up, my already done project file, I stood up and tapped it on the dressing table. Thanks to Mrs Thayer, she was of great help. My project work was a juicy work, containing every piece of information about hotels as far as I know. I made sure the pictures Mrs Thayer showed me was also printed out and attached with it, plus the picture I took while eating escargot– Yummy! That spicy food that spilled on my shirt that afternoon. Mrs Thayer taunted me all throughout that day, saying,“You better learn how to eat like a Royal”. Well, who cares? She doesn't know I use my fingers to eat continental foods like pasta, apart from our traditional food like; pounded yam and egusi. That's me just being Noredia Osayande. All this extra information were just the icing on the cake to earn me more mark.
“Darling, you gotta keep on praying” Kayla touched my bare shoulder from behind. I turned to look at her, she had lost weight. When she got back from Alaska, she was fatter and her cheeks rounder that she almost screamed when she looked at herself in the mirror.
“Thanks”
“Kay, did you use my shirt for painting?” Marvin yelled opening the door without knocking.
“I only painted in your room, since you weren't around and please I have warned you severally never to barge into my room or do you want to see me naked first!?” she snapped.
“I am sorry” he lowered his voice and shut the door.
“Did you just hear that?” Kayla said jumping and putting her hands over her wet covered hair with a unique grin plastered on her face. Like seriously, since Kayla got back she had always had this unique grin especially now that she was a millionaire. She got paid for the charcoal drawing she drew. Over a million US dollars! All the money to her account. On Father's day she snapped the drawing of her father, she redrew it this time, posting it on her social media business page which has over million views.
“what?” I creased my eyebrow.
“What he said?.”
“Um___ Oh sorry?”
“Yes! He's never said those words to me before” she giggled and danced around the room like a toddler which made me laugh too.
“You better dress properly before he comes again ” I told her whilst laughing. Opening the door, I walked out of the room.