~EPILOGUE~

The sound of the wedding bells changed to the beeping noise of the heart monitor. I blinked my eyes, adapting to the brightness in the room.
"She's awake! She's awake" I heard someone scream.
"She is?"
"She blinked and she also moved her fingers."
I couldn't turn my head because of the cervical collar that was wrapped around my neck. I felt weak.

What am I doing here?
How did I get here?

"Odion! " A woman screamed my name as she heard what the Doctor, she ran to my bed side.
"Mum?" my lip trembled as I spoke.
"She remembers" she looked at the smiling doctor dressed in white lab coat.
"How is she doing?" another person spoke.

That must be my dad.

"She is okay. She can talk" my mom rubbed my hand as she stood beside my bed. "You have been here in coma for two months. We thought you will never survive."
"But why did you jump from the window Nora? That was a crazy thing to do" My dad came closer looking at me.
So everything that happened from the death of my mother, travelling abroad to attend Regent University and living with Aunt Uwa and her children, summer camp, till the wedding of My dad and Miss Adenike was all a nightmare. I touched the hands of my mother.

It's her, she's alive. Thank God!

"Mummy ___I am sorry. I am sorry for all I have put you through. I have been ungrateful. I know what I will pass through if you die. Mum__" my words were buried in sobs.
"Odion dear. I don't know why you did all those bad things but you learnt your lesson the hard way. You are lucky God gave you a second chance." she bent to kiss my forehead.
"I had a terrible nightmare." I told her.
"Tell us. What is it about?" my dad said as he sat on the edge of the bed while my mom sat on the chair close to my bed.
I stared at my father, he looked like the man in my dream.
I narrated in details, everything that happened in the dream.
"God showed you, so you could appreciate your mother more." Dad said finally after spending an hour narrating my dream.
"I want to sit " I said bleakly, as my mum help me adjust the hospital bed so I could stretch my leg while I sit straight up.
"You were longing to attend your graduation party but, you couldn't. Your school heard about it, including the church who organized vigils just to pray for you. Well, we thank God. " My dad sighed deeply and shook his head.

❇️ ❇️ ❇️

Comparing who I am now to who I was before you will see the big difference.
Then, I was rude to teachers, my parent and a bully to student. I never took time to read my books because I know I would cheat to pass. I never had friends but I forced people to be my friends. Boys? They weren't left out, they were scared of me too. I will beat up my siblings just to make them do stuffs they don't like- covering up for me if I sneaked out of the house to a party.

But here I am, four months after the accident. I will organize the house, cook and take care of my two brothers. I was now playing the role of Nora in my dream--A God fearing girl . Everyone noticed the change. I still had to use wheelchair and wear the cervical collar for a month due to the fracture on my neck and left leg. The doctor told me that, I am lucky, that I would have been paralyzed for life.

Who could ever imagine that a nightmare will transmogrify me?
You'll never know the value of someone until they are absent.

"I discipline you so you'll be wise and become a proud mother someday." my mom usually say to me.

THE END.