Chapter 8

Yusuke looked up to the sky as he kneeled by his mother's grave. He remembered what little time he had with his mother... here on Destiny Islands.
.
Flashback:
A young Yusuke looked up at the sky with his mother Kairi as Kairi had a somber look on her face.
"Mom... are you ok?" Yusuke asked. Kairi smiled and gave Yusuke a hug.

"I... I was thinking about your dad... I still haven't found where the White Lotus took your dad." Kairi replied. Yusuke frowned. He knew her heart had been broken at the loss of Sora. Yusuke sighed.

"C-can you tell me about him?" Yusuke asked. Kairi smiled.

"Well... your dad was a powerful Keyblade Master... and savior of the multiverse. He... he is the reason why all of the worlds can freely interact now... the reason why we are all alive today.... but at his core... your dad is a simple man who wants to make all the friends he can and loves adventure." Kairi explained. Kairi looked into Sora's eyes and at his hair.

"You have his eyes... and his crazy hair... you look so much like your father." Kairi told Yusuke as he ruffled his hair. Kairi held out her Keyblade and passed it to Yusuke.

"By touching this Keyblade... you've been given the right for a keyblade to notice... and maybe one day it will choose you." Kairi replied.

Present day:
Yusuke held Starlight in his hands and put it in front of Kairi's grave.
"I'm like you and Dad now... I'm a Keyblade Wielder... Mom, please watch over me... the White Lotus... rumors are they are corrupt... war may start with the Lotus. You know... I've been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this real... or not?" Yusuke said as he picked Starlight back up.

"I thought you'd be here... you always did like to visit your mom before a quest." Max said as he walked over to Yusuke. Yusuke nodded.

"I have... one more stop to make." Yusuke replied as he started walking to what was once his and Kairi's house... left untouched by time. Yusuke and Max looked around until Yusuke found a box... he opened the box and smiled at what he found.

"I'mma go change... I think... for this mission... I'll wear something more... traditional than the clothes King Oswald gave me." Yusuke said as he walked to the restroom anf changed. When he walked out of the restroom, Max's eyes widened.

"You look... just like that mural of your father.... from the days he was battling the first Organization XIII." Max said as Yusuke walked by, now wearing Sora's KH 2 outfit.

"Now... my Mom's soul will watch over me.... as always... and a piece of my Dad will protect me... where ever I go." Yusuke said.

"Yusuke...." Max said as Yusuke walked out of the house. He turned to see a picture of Sora and Kairi together and grabbed the picture.

"I promise you both... I'll watch over Yusuke.... me and Charlie... just like our fathers had your back.... Mr. Sora." Max said before putting the picture down and running to catch up with Yusuke.

Meanwhile:
Sora, Aerith, and Cloud was relieved that nothing seemed to be going wrong as they made their way to Kalm. Suddenly, Sora felt a voice calling to him.... but it didn't sound friendly. Sora summoned Revived Hope and held it, ready for a fight.