Chapter 6

"Prove it", you said coldly not even giving in a bit.

"Okay, I will", he said relieved and tried to grab your hand, but you backed off.

"I give you a single chance and if you don't convince me, I want you to disappear from my life", you demanded distancing yourself from him.

"Yes, Y/N. Anything for you", he said smiling. You frowned and walked away to do what you actually wanted to.

You didn't know how to think about it. You promised Taehyung that you never would fall for someone like him again. But, didn't Kai deserve a second chance? You weren't sure. You could still decide after the date if you want to stay with him or not.

Two days later, he had texted you and set up a date which suited both of you. He asked you out to go to a really chic restaurant with him.

You agreed, but on the inside, you felt very uncomfortable with the idea of seeing him again. You got ready and put on a nice dress, but not a too nice one. You didn't want to get his hopes up. He picked you up and treated you like a queen.

You were really surprised by his gentleman behavior and how courteous he was. You hated to admit it, but you enjoyed the time with him.

He was funny and told you a lot of stories, but most importantly, he listened to you, for the first time.

After you finished the dinner, he drove you home and dropped you off at your apartment. He got out to hold the door open for you and you got out too. You looked at him, uncertain what you should say in this situation.

"So...?", he asked shyly, "what do you say?" "I don't know", you answered honestly, "give me time."

For only a short second, an impatient and angry look was on his face, but he quickly smiled at you again.

"Okay, I'll wait", he said gently, but you were still sceptical. He hesitantly opened his arms and you gave him a quick hug, nothing more.

"Bye, sleep well", he said giving you a warm smile and watched you go inside. You couldn't sleep that night, your thoughts kept wandering around him and back to Taehyung and your promise. Kai's actions confused you and you didn't know what to do.

The next day you had to go to work and push your thoughts away. You were carrying a box with mics to the right place, when suddenly someone poked your sides from behind. You squeaked and turned around startled.

"Kai", you said breathy calming yourself.

"Hey, how are you beautiful?", he asked smiling like a small boy. He was in his stage outfit and seemed ready to go on stage.

"Don't you have your performance now?", you asked curiously.

"In 15 minutes", he answered, "but I always have time for my girl."

Right in that moment Taehyung came around the corner and spotted you two. It took a few seconds before he realised what was going on.

"Taehyung..", you whispered shocked seeing how the anger built up in his eyes. He clenched his fist and quickly walked up to you.

"Y/N, come with me", he said jostling Kai and grabbed your wirst harshly. You almost dropped the box as he dragged you with him. He pushed you inside a quiet room which seemed to be his dressing room.

"Taehyung, what-?", you said putting the box down, but he cut you off.

"When I asked you to not fall for bastards, I meant it", he said furiously panting heavily.

"But, I-" "And now here you are again falling for his lies", he said raising his voice, "what did he tell you huh?"

"He said he has changed, so I gave-", you explained intimidated by his anger.

"HE IS LYING, don't you see it?", he said raising his voice, "fuck, Y/N."

You felt hurt by his words. You were surely able to make your own decisions.

"Taehyung, it's not like I am a child", you snapped. He ran his hand through his hair and walked up to you really close.

"When I said that you deserve better", he said now more softly and paused shortly, "I didn't mean him."

Silence surrounded you and you stared into his dark eyes. How much you have missed him. And again, there was this feeling that you just wanted to be in his arms, safe and sound. He looked deeply into your eyes and sighed.

"I'm the one who can treat you the way you deserve it", he confessed, "I meant myself when I said that to you. You don't see that you deserve the whole world, but I do. And I will give it to you.. if you let me."