Chapter 8

You arrived at the huge building where the gala would take place. You had a few public appearances with Taehyung already but the whole thing still scared you.

A red carpet was rolled out from the entrance and on the sides of the cordons was the press lined up.

You shyly reached out for Taehyung's hand and interlaced your fingers before you got out of the car. He gave you a reassuring smile and squeezed your hand gently.

As soon as you were outside you were caught in a never-ending storm of flashlights. Taehyung put on a slight smile and guided you inside while you tried to keep your composure smiling a bit.

You breathed out when you finally where inside the building in the sparkling decorated hall.

You looked around interested and noticed how rich everything and everyone around you was. The guests were dressed up in expensive suits and dresses wearing shining jewellery. You recognised some faces and it came clear that this seemed to be an important event for many idols.

Most of the guests were of your age and you couldn't ignore that you attracted some looks from the males. Taehyung noticed too and let go of your hand just to wrap his arm protectively around your waist.

You didn't talk a lot and just followed his example greeting others and having a bit of small talk. After you ate dinner you felt the urge to use the bathroom and excused yourself.

When you were on the way back you heard a familiar voice snarl behind you.

"Kissing other idols now, huh?", he said and you turned around with a disgusted look on your face.

"What do you want?", you asked frowning when you saw Kai's face for the first time again after two months.

"Hey, hey", he said smiling disappointed, "not so impolite. I just want to talk a bit since you just disappeared last time." You groaned and rolled your eyes.

"I don't know what could be of my interest to hear from you", you said about to turn away.

"No, wait, Y/N", he said grabbing your arm harshly.

"Don't. Touch. Me", you said fiercely but he didn't let go. He looked around to check if anyone had noticed the scene between you. When no one watched he dragged you away from the noise to a darker area.

"Kai, let me go", you said as he wouldn't loosen his grip around your wrist.

"No, Y/N", he growled, "now it's my turn to say what is happening."

He pushed you firmly against the wall making your back ache. He pressed your shoulders with such a strength against the wall that you couldn't move.

"Leave me alone", you said and a tear rolled down your cheek because you felt so helpless.

"No, I won't", he said coming close to your face, "never."

"Are you deaf?", a loud deep voice broke the terrifying silence, "she said leave her alone."

You looked to the side and saw Taehyung coming towards you. He removed Kai's hands and freed you. He was boiling with anger and made sure to hide you behind him. Kai cackled viciously and faced Taehyung with a smirk.

"And what now? Are you going to hit me?", he challenged him only provoking him. Taehyung grabbed him by the collar and pulled his face towards him.

"If you EVER lay a finger on her again, I swear I will rip you into pieces", he threatened him in a deep and intimidating voice. He let go of him making him fall to the ground.

Taehyung turned to you and carefully brought you home. He was very upset seeing you so scared. At your house he helped you change and wrapped you up in a duvet.

"I will ruin his life", he said still fuming and rolled up his sleeves.

"Taehyung", you whispered wanting him to calm down for a while. He was so caught up in his anger that he didn't notice you were still shaking and the only thing you needed in the moment was him. His eyes softened and he sat down next to you pulling you into his embrace.

"I'm sorry, baby", he said pecking your temple.

"It's alright", you said snuggling your face into the crook of his neck.

"No it's not", he said regretfully, "I wasn't there for you."

"No don't say this", you said looking up into his brown eyes, "you saved me and that's all that counts."

He nodded and connected his lips with yours. "I will make it up to you."