Chapter 3

Marinette's POV

"Luka I-" I stood there. Like an idiot. Words couldn't form. He looked at me curiously. I didn't know what to say. I had to get out of this immediately.

"Uh.....I think we should all hang out soon....with everyone." I chuckled nervously.

"Sure Marinette. Just tell me when and I'll be there." He walked off. Juleka sighed and facepalmed. Apparently she was listening to our conversation.

I sighed and started to walk home. I started to tear up a bit. I lost my chance to tell him. I never been able to tell someone how I felt. No matter who it was.

"Marinette why didn't you tell him? That was your chance?" Tikki asked. Poking her head out.

"I don't know Tikki. I'm too scared to tell anyone how I feel." Tikki looked at me sadly.

"Marinette you know he likes you back, why worry so much?"

"Love is complicated." I got home and sat on my bed and debated calling Alya. I wanted to tell her that I didn't tell him but I didn't want her to be disappointed. I thought about it for awhile and decided to call her. She picked up almost instantly knowing why I was calling her.

"Did you do it?" She asked.

"No. I tried but stumbled on my words."

"So. What did you say?"

"I asked him if he wanted to hang out with all of us again." Alya sighed.

"Marinette, you have to get yourself together. You know how much he likes you."

"I know, I know. I'll tell him tomorrow. We are going all going to listen to their new song anyways."

"Ugh. You better tell him tomorrow!"

"I promise." She rolled her eyes.

"You better." She hung up the phone and I fell back on my bed. Life was so complicated. I grabbed my pillow and hugged it. Tikki sat next to me and studied me.

"You know." I looked at her. "You should start your project. You don't want to stay up all night on Sunday doing it and it might take Luka off of your mind for awhile."

"Maybe you're right Tikki." I got up and started doing my English project. I had to read a book (which was already done) and do a project about it.

It worked. I didn't think about Luka at all. I was about 20 minutes into my project when my phone buzzed. It was a text from Alya.

Girl we are all meeting at the Park at 20.

Who's all going?

Everyone.  Me, Nino, Adrien, Luka, Kagami, Juleka, Rose, Mylène, Alix, Kim, Max, Marc and Nathaniel. Only person who couldn't come is Ivan.

Alya....and why are you doing this.

I knew the answer already. She was going to try and make me tell Luka how I feel. I was not up for this. I told her I would tell him tomorrow.

Because we all need to hang out again!

Bullshit. Alya knows what she is doing and knows that I know.

I'll think about it

Come on girl! Everyone is gonna be there!

Fine!

See you in 20

She is so annoying sometimes. But I loved her. I'm glad I met her. She always helps me no matter what.

I sat down. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to tell him in front everyone. I got back to my project and before I knew it 20 minutes passed.

I checked my phone and it was 4:05 because the park was right next to my house I could look out my window and see. I checked who was there and it was Alya, Rose, Mylène, and Adrien.

I did NOT want to go. Nope nope nope. I stayed in my bed for another 5 minutes. By then mostly everyone arrived. They were all sitting in a circle laughing about who knows what. Then I saw Luka arrive

"No no no. Tikki I can't."

"It's ok Marinette you can do it."

"I can't. I'm not ready."

"When will you be ready?" I sat there for awhile. I thought about it. When will I be ready? I don't know. I sighed.

"I don't know Tikki." I said sadly. Tikki made a great point. I don't think I'll ever be ready. But I just have to tell him.

"Lets go Tikki." She smiled and flew into my purse. (would y'all call it a purse or handbag?)

I got there and people were still standing in a circle but everyone was having mini conversations. Alya was privately talking to Nino and I saw Luka talking to Adrien. They were standing side by side.

I was going to go up and say hi but I heard part of their conversation.

"I do really like her, but she's been going through a lot recently and I didn't want to put that extra pressure on her."

I walked back a little bit. Luka liked me. Like really liked me. I've been so worked up for nothing. I took a deep breath.

"Hey guys!"

————————————————————————
Luka's POV    2:43pm

I was in my room practicing my guitar like I normally do when Alya texted me. I thought it was weird at first because me and Alya never really talked much.

I read the text and she was asking if we could go to the park today at 4. I assumed this was Marinette was talking to me about.

"Hey Juleka." I yelled.

"What?"

"Want to go the park with everybody?"

"Sure."

————————————————————————

When Juleka and I got there almost everyone was there. Everyone was sitting in a circle laughing at something Alya just said. The only people who weren't there were Marinette, Nino, Ivan, or Kagami. We walked over and said Hi to everyone. I sat down next to Alya

"Hey Alya is Marinette here yet?" I asked.

"No haven't seen her. She said she would be here though." She looked over and saw Nino.

"Have to talk to you later. NINO WE HAVE TO TALK!" She said as she stood up and pulled Nino's arm away from the circle. Everyone then started their own conversations. I didn't really know any of Marinette's friends that well. I saw Adrien stand up and I thought I'd go over and talk to him. We've talked a couple times and he was the only person I really knew here.

"Hey Adrien! How are you?" He looked up from his phone.

"I'm good! I'm surprised my father let me out."

"Yea. Kagami here yet? You guys got together recently right?"

"No and yes. We made it official yesterday. You and Marinette together?"

"No. I do really like her but she's been going through a lot recently and I didn't want to put that extra pressure on her."

"That makes sense."

"Hey guys!" Marinette said. We turned around and saw her walking towards us waving.

"Hey Marinette" Adrien and I said in unison.

"What were you guys doing?" She asked.

"We were just talking." I replied.

"Kagami!" I looked over and saw Kagami walking over. Everyone was here except Ivan.
Adrien and Kagami hugged.

"Hey guys!"  We all said hello and it was an awkward silence for a little bit then Alya yelled.

"Everyone gather around!"