Chapter 6

Chat Noir's POV

"Chat Noir? What are you doing here?" Marinette asked while letting me in. I sat down on her bed and shrugged.

"I was on patrol and it got boring so I thought I would visit you." I smiled. I looked around her room and saw the bulletin board by her bed. I remember seeing pictures of me when we were fighting Troublemaker. But now I didn't see any of me.

"Do you want anything to eat? I could bring up some cookies if you want." Marinette asked sweetly.

"I would love that. Thank you, Marinette." She smiled and got down from her bed and left her room. I also hopped down from her bed to look around. I went over to the wall where she hung photos of her friends. I remember these pictures used to be me. Now it's her and her friends all together. I even saw a couple of her and Luka. For some reason, it made me sad not seeing any of me anymore. The only pictures she had of me was when we took a picture in a group.

"I've got food!" Marinette exclaimed. She placed the plate of cookies on her desk. I grabbed one and started eating it.

"You have a lot of friends." I spoke up.

"Yeah, I guess I do." She smiled. I never noticed how beautiful her smile was.

No, stop Adrien, you're supposed to be in love with Kagami. I thought to myself

I looked back at the pictures and pointed to Luka.

"Who's that?" I wanted to know how Marinette thought of him. But I didn't want to ask her directly as Adrien.

"That's Luka. My..." She thought about it for a second, trying to find the right words.

"Your boyfriend?" I asked.

"Kinda. He just asked me out today so it isn't official. But hopefully yes." She smiled happily. A wave of sadness flooded over me. For some reason, I felt upset. Upset she was interested in someone else.

Stop Adrien. You're dating Kagami. You shouldn't feel this way.

"I'm...g....going to go. Want to make sure Paris is safe." I spoke up.

"Wait Chat." Marinette grabbed my arm and looked at me in the eyes. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," I said back trying my best to fake a smile. She frowned, I don't think she bought it but she let me go. I left her place without saying goodbye.

I landed back in my room and detransformed. I threw myself on my bed and shoved my face in my pillow.

"Ok. Let me get this straight." Plagg mumbled. I looked up at him listening to what he had to say. "You fall in love with Ladybug, she doesn't accept your love and tell you she likes someone else. Then you fall in love with Kagami. Started dating her and you love her as she loves you. But now, you are jealous that Marinette is dating Luka?" Plagg asked confused.

I sighed and sat up. Plagg was right. Why am I jealous? I'm with Kagami. And I'm happy.

"I'm not jealous Plagg. She's just a friend." Plagg facepalmed. He looked at me and flew slowly towards my bed.

"Are you sure?"

Yes, I was sure. Why wouldn't I be? Kagami is the one I love. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes Plagg, I'm sure." I glanced over at my clock. It read 20:57 (8:57) I wish I actually had someone to talk to. Sure I had Plagg, but I wish I had a human who has been through stuff like this before. I didn't really want to tell Nino. I didn't want him telling Alya and her accidentally telling Marinette. I couldn't talk to Luka because I'm talking about his "girlfriend". I couldn't talk to Kagami because it's about my feelings to someone else. I couldn't talk to my father. He wouldn't listen. Maybe Nathalie, but I don't think she would help me.

I thought about it for awhile, and I finally decided to talk to Nathalie. She has enough life experience and she won't tell anyone. I got out of my bed and walked downstairs. I stepped in front of the office doors, where I expected Nathalie to be, working late. I gathered up the courage and knocked on the door.

"Come in." A soft voice spoke. I immediately recognized that the voice belonged to Nathalie. I opened the door and started fiddling with my ring. I was scared she wouldn't listen to me. I saw Nathalie sitting at her desk typing something on the computer.

"Your father isn't in here, he's upstairs." She spoke not looking up from her computer screen and continued to type.

"I actually wanted to talk to you." I said shyly. She stopped typing and looked up at me.

"You wanted to talk to me?" She asked.

"Yea. I didn't think my father would listen and I couldn't really talk to any of my friends about it." She smiled sympathetically and pulled up a chair next to hers. She patted the chair telling me to sit down.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"Well, let's say, you are dating this one girl. Then you find out you like another girl. But you love them both so much and you don't know who to choose." Nathalie raised an eyebrow knowing one of the girls is Kagami. She placed her hand on my leg and smiled.

"Well, sometimes feelings aren't real. You think you like someone but you actually don't, maybe you date one girl because she likes you and feel like you're forced to be with her because you don't want to break her heart. You have a lot of influences Adrien, with everyone telling you who to be or how to act, you can get confused. Make sure you actually love the girl you aren't dating, you may just be confused with people putting stuff into your mind. But if you really love both of these girls. Choose the second girl. Because if you really loved the first girl, there wouldn't be a choice." She smiled and turned back to her computer to do her work. I stood up and quietly thanked her for her time.

I headed back to my room and laid down. I picked up my phone to distract myself for a little bit. When I did I saw a notification I got 2 minutes ago. It was a message from Kagami.

Love you. Goodnight.

I stared at the notification. Wondering if I should respond. I turned my phone off and didn't open the message. I sat there thinking the same question for the rest of the night.

Is Marinette really just a friend?