Chapter 8

I know my last announcement must have been confusing but I'm back now!! Also, Kagami doesn't know her sexuality yet.

Kagami will say "there's something wrong with me" a lot here because she can't feel romantic feelings like other people. If you are Aromantic or asexual there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You are perfect. You are loved.

Aromantic: A person who experiences little or no romantic attraction to others. It's not the same as asexuality. Aromantic people don't feel romantic attachment to other people. This is distinct from asexuality, which means that an individual does not experience sexual attraction

Kagami's POV

I have always been told I would find the perfect boy for me. I would one day find a soulmate. But I don't think that's the case. My mother always said I found the perfect guy and I'm dating him right now. But, even though Adrien IS perfect, I don't feel any romantic attraction to him. I feel like, my mother is forcing me to have these feelings. I wish I could love Adrien as much as he loves me, but I can't.

When I was at lunch I was listening to Marinette's story but then, I started to drift off. I realized, Adrien can't change me. When I first met him he was a kind and caring person, the perfect person to date as my mother would say. But I never had feelings for him. To be honest I've never had feelings for anyone and never will.

My mom has always tried to set me up with different guys and I never felt any romantic attraction to them. I was so confused about why I never returned feelings and thought something was wrong with me.  There was definitely something wrong with me. So when I met Adrien, I thought he could change me. Make me normal. I wanted to show my mother I could love someone. But the further we went into this relationship, the more I realized I couldn't love him.

"Hey, Are you ok?"

That sentence kept going through my head. No, I wasn't ok, I felt so bad for lying to him, I love Adrien, but as a friend. After school, I saw Adrien outside with his friends. I ran up to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Oh, hey Kagami! Are you feeling better? You looked pretty upset earlier, you know you can-"

"Adrien, can we talk later?" I interrupted, wanting to get the point across.

"Uh, sure? Whenever you're free!"

"Ok, Thank you." I looked at him, gave a small smile, and left. Later, I would finally be honest with Adrien.

I know, I know, this part was very short. like VERY short. I know! I wanted to publish a short and sweet chapter because I just got back on Wattpad. But I hope you guys liked it! And again!! If you are Asexual or Aromantic, there is nothing wrong with you! Kagami is uneducated because of her mother and doesn't know much about the LGBTQ+ community.

You are strong. You are perfect. You are loved.