Chapter 1- Night Of Swinging

On a quiet fateful night, a little princess snuck out of her room. She carefully climbed down the vines that grew on the moss-covered stone, ran across the field and found a beautiful courtyard. It was filled with colorful flowers with a large tree in the middle. The tree had a wooden swing, shaped as a tire, which was the first thing that caught her eyes.

The little princess walked to the wooden swing, sat inside, and tried to push herself. With very little movement, she gave up. Now, she just sat in the swing in silence. Without her family bothering her, she could finally be herself. Then, that all came to a stop when she started to hear some leaves ruffle. She put her feet in the swing, trying to hide herself. The shuffling didn't stop, until she felt the swing moving. It rocked, back and forth.

The princess shut her eyes, closing them tightly. With silence again, she opened them, only to see a face staring back at hers. She cried out, falling out of the wooden swing. With tears rushing down, she looked back, seeing that it was a little girl. Still staring. She snapped out of her phase, panicking now.

"D-Don't cry," the girl whispered. She wiped the young princess's tears and hugged her.

The princess was shocked, but embraced the girl back. She thought the girl smelled funny.

"What's your name?" The girl asked.

"My name is Mina," the princess answered, hiccuping after she did so. "W-What about your name?"

"Oh, my name's Momo!" The girl exclaimed. "You're so pretty, Mina!"

"Thank you... you're... kind of dirty..." Mina bluntly stated.

"Yeah, I get that a lot. But, I don't care, I'm still Momo!"

Mina laughed, wiping her tears away. "You're quite funny, Momo."

"Really? That's so nice of you! Say, let's be best friends," Momo said, holding Mina's hand close.

"B-Best friends?"

"Yeah!!"

Mina thought about it. She never had a best friend before. Even if she was close to one of the servants, she didn't think much of it. "Then... yes, let's be best friends!"

"Will you meet me back here tomorrow night?" Momo asked, bouncing up and down.

"Tomorrow night, I'll be here."

Mina looked at Momo's bright smile, feeling her mouth form one as well.

"Goodnight, Mina!"

"Goodnight, Momo!"

Mina got up, brushing off the dirt from her poofy, pink dress. She ran back to the castle, climbing back into her room. She leaned against the stone balcony, looking up at the starry night sky. As she stared, she was fascinated by the constellations. With one last look, she closed her window, climbing into her sheets, and fell asleep.

~10 years later~

Knock knock knock!

"Your highness, your bath is ready!" A servant called through the door.

"Coming!" Mina called back. The princess quickly rushed out of her bed and opened the door.

"By the gods, you look like a wreck!" the servant exclaimed.

"Thank you so much for the compliment," Mina sarcastically responded, passing her servant.

When they arrived to the bathroom, Mina took off her garments, sitting in the warm water.

"What did you do last night?" Her servant questioned, scrubbing Mina.

"I was sleeping. What else would I be doing?"